Enderal: Shards Of Order - Frostcliff Mountains

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The developers of Enderal: Shards Of Order have posted a new update on the Mod DB page with a new video that gives us a preview of the Frostcliff Mountains area.

The Northwind Mountains are a region situated in the far north of Enderal. Though being inhospitable due to their extreme cold and perilous fauna – Lost Ones, Frost Myrads and Glacier elementals, only to mention a few -, they used be well-travelled in the past. This fact was due to the Northwind-mines, where the valuable Northwind rocks were mined, which are rumored to be close to indestructible, thus making them a highly sought-after material for the construction of castles, treasure chambers and fortresses. After the closing of the mines, however, the region was left abandoned, leaving behind ghost villages and dangerous, semi-collapsed mineshafts, which still attract adventurers and treasure hunters.
More information.

How complete/how finished is this mod? And is it worth playing?
Last I heard progress was good, but still needs work.
A great part of the regions and levels are now reaching their final stage, and we're also progressing pretty well in terms of gameplay-programming and quest-implementation.
So probably at an advanced Beta stage, and hopefully released by next year.

Looking good! I have no doubt the exploration in this game will be godly, as it was in Nehrim.

If you guys haven't played Nehrim, do yourself a favor and install it right now. It's amazing. Should get you hyped up for Enderal: Shards of Order :)

Hyped up already - these guys should make full games and sell them.

I played Nehrim and as others have mentioned its nice for exploring but I never finished it since the main story or the world really didn't make care after a while.

I played Nehrim and as others have mentioned its nice for exploring but I never finished it since the main story or the world really didn't make care after a while.

The main story actually was so bad as to be unbelievable. Since this game is supposed to be a sequel, I'm not sure how this one will be any better. In the first game you free and support a total jackass, even though nobody would support this guy in real life. I gave up and never went back. No desire. The environments and level design were superb though, no doubt.

Still, I have strong hope that they do pull off a story reversal and that the whole game improves enough to warrant them trying to develop a full game of their own.

Last edited:
The main story actually was so bad as to be unbelievable. Since this game is supposed to be a sequel, I'm not sure how this one will be any better. In the first game you free and support a total jackass, even though nobody would support this guy in real life. I gave up and never went back. No desire. The environments and level design were superb though, no doubt.
Yeah I had the same felling when working for him. I always thought why did I free this bastard. He just wanted to destroy everything. Ah right it was destiny at work.:)
Still, I have strong hope that they do pull off a story reversal and that the whole game improves enough to warrant them trying to develop a full game of their own.
That I agree on also.

Yeah I had the same felling when working for him. I always thought why did I free this bastard. He just wanted to destroy everything.

Really? And what was the point? Do you just work for him whole game?

EDIT: Ah, I found out.

Really? And what was the point? Do you just work for him whole game?
Not the whole game as you start out as an ordinary commoner who gets a letter to meet a few people at a certain cave. From there you come out the only survivor in a game of chess that gods are playing, and you have a part in the of saving the world.

Around mid-game you have to save a demi-god who attempted to overthrow the gods, and it goes downhill from there. Lets just say he is a jackass. Now picture the worlds fate has been decided, and you will lose in the end.

Still despite all that the game world was carefully constructed , and the NPC's made up for it in the end. So it's worth a play at least once.

Link - http://sureai.net/projects/nehrim/download/

Also Fluent did a retrospective of the game a few months back.

Link - http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/article?articleid=223&ref=0&id=17

Seems I was a little late in replying but never the less hope this helps.:blush:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom