Diablo 3 - Wizard is third Class

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Mike Morhaime announces Wizard for D3 at Blizzcon as read over at Gamespot.
[11:20] "Do we have any Diablo players here?" The crowd responds with a resounding yes.
[11:20] Diablo III will let you play as the witch doctor and barbarian...and a new playable class, the wizard.
[11:21] A trailer rolls for Diablo III, with a bit more to see of this wizard.
[11:21] A female wizard enters a mausoleum, much like the one seen in the barbarian demo from earlier this year.
[11:22] She holds an orb of power in her hand; it looks a bit like a static electricity bauble.
[11:22] The wizard appears to be of Asian descent. Gameplay footage rolls, showing she has a lot of area of effect spells, blowing up enemies in large groups.
[11:23] More gameplay footage, more skeletons turned to dust, and the trailer wraps.
More information.

I wonder if they're all going to be old Talisman characters...

I would not mind a druid, personally. From all the Diablo games and expansions, it was my favorite.

YES! She's Asian! Important details there. Thank glot.

I'm surprised that the bone-in-the-nose-brutha Witch Doc hasnt brought out any criticism. I mean, it's kinda seen as a stereotypical no-no these days, the whole "jungle thing", you know - savages, head shrinkers, jumping around a fire, etx... big no-no there.

So I guess she could prolly rattle off some broken engrish or ask if someone want karate, everyone will prolly be ok w/ her too. Blizzard is teh immune for sure

Last edited:
lots of new d3 videos over at shacknews

Blizzald wizald files fileball on all people mocking asian plonounciation. No need fol fancy Kung Fu.

Or maybe just a "Lay of Flost" according to the talent tree on Shacknews.

Last edited:
Can a moderator lock these childish threads please? Your parents and teachers really dropped the ball. What a shame. Maybe someday you will be able to leave Sheboygan and actually meet the 80% of Earth's population who don't speak English at all and frankly don't need to.

@Reyla: I am deeply sorry if you feel offended. Personally, I am learning Japanese since about 1.5 years, do Karate in my free time, my native language is not English and I have friends from Asia who speak better English not only than me but also some people from the US I know (who are also cool but happen to speak dialect). I think I should be allowed to make a childish joke now and then, but apparently I did not take the forces of political correctness into account.

If it really is a problem, the moderators should feel free to delete my post - it does not really contribute much to the newsbit, anyway. It just feels a bit odd to me to have to worry about an innocent joke like that, even if it is admittedly silly.

Last edited:
mmm isn't that just a return of the sorc in a new jacket? I thought they said only the barb would return? this seems like a return with a new coating and name doesn't it?

Judging from the skills, the wizard has a lot in common with the sorceress and the WoW mage. There are the basic area attack and shield spells, but in addition some "conjuration skills", although it is unclear to me whether the summoned spectral blade resp. fire spitting hydra actually follow you around for a longer time. Mirror images can apparently be used to confuse the enemy for a few seconds.

An interesting new mechanic you see in the video is a slow time sphere, which is static after summoned up - the wizard can walk out of it - and slows down everything but the wizard so much that one can easily dodge enemies and projectiles.

While most of the skills look like standard mage stuff, a few interesting ones might yet make the class interesting.

A character simply called "wizard" ?

I'd expect an "necrodruid" at least ! :D ;)

hey did anyone see how the wizard uses a fireball to make a piece of the roof fall down on the fiends that looked really cool!

I'm betting on Knight as the new plate wearing class, hopefully without 'wings'.

I saw that, yes! I just hope it's not scripted to work in that particular spot, but actual playing with physics. I love using objects and so on in gameplay, and I personally think we're going to see more of it in the years to come.

Back
Top Bottom