Risen Helping Patty

Darundo

Watcher
So I helped patty, killed the captain and gave her the nautical map.

I got the gold from the one chest containing the map, but there are 4-5 other chests I can't open without instant dieing. Is there a puzzle to this, a certain order to opening them? Just don't want to waste any more time on it if I can't open them.

The puzzle is that all other chests are trapped and will kill you if you open them. That's why only someone who knows the puzzle will find the actual treasure - everyone else will open the wrong chest and die.

The puzzle is that all other chests are trapped and will kill you if you open them. That's why only someone who knows the puzzle will find the actual treasure - everyone else will open the wrong chest and die.

Darn, kinda thought that...but I wanted more :)

Thanks for the reply.

So I presume it's definitely worth not taking Patty's 200 gold? I thought it would lead to more, so i told her to keep it for more info, but she hasn't given much yet...

I presume i should visit her again once I've found a way out of Harbour Town?

It doesn't change anything. She'll offer you the other quest later anyway. Avoiding the 200 gold is simply a way to get some more answers about what's going on. I did it once, but now that I know what's going on, I pick the 200 gold every time.

We came on the cementery and She told me there must be sth tip but i havent found anything.

anyway the quest has been canceled cuz I didnt do this b4 four act.

did you actually read the hint notes found all over the island? they flat out say he made 6 chests, 1 is real treasure the rest death traps... the death traps contain the mutineers, whose names are listed... and patty also gives her interpretation of the thing...

Patty and I left Harbourtown together, through the secret passage, but after that she just sat down in front of her little campfire, and said nothing more about the treasure.
She just replies with non-commital chat when I try to talk to her. How does one get her to carry on with that treasure quest?

Hm, thanks, I've actually been there already, and given the Don the amulet, and he's sent me on in that "ambassadorial" quest, which has one entering the next chapter soon after.

I did go back to an older gamesave though, to talk to Romanov again. I remembered that I had specifically earlier not told him that the door was open and that he could leave, as it had not quite made sense at the time since the guards were pacing around outside his door.

I did go back now and chose that line of dialogue, in the hope that he would leave and I could follow him, and of course then the "finding Romanov's chest" quest spawns.
So I'm following that up now, hoping it will lead somewhere..

What he meant was: You need to progress the main quest first, so do the quest for the Don etc. You'll get back to Patty and her quest later on. Romanov's chest is just a minor side quest, but worth it.

Ha, thanks - since of course the chest quest doesn't seem to make an immediate difference. I'm keeping a lot of saves, since I want to try out both the Order and the Don, (going to join the Order now, since I'd like to try out the magic aspect of the game)

Since I've now gone back to a save of just before I joined the Don, I'll join the Order from there, instead, and stop worrying so much about the "Patty and her treasure" quest, though I'd like to do it sometime, as it sounds fun.

If the worst comes to the worst, I could always go back to one of my gamesaves if I somehow miss it , eh? ;)

I'm stuck with the Patty quest. I wonder if I've misunderstood the quest. She takes me to a graveyard, and tells me to start digging.

Although I have two shovels in inventory, even though I've clicked all over the place, he doesn't start digging.

Am I supposed to look in this graveyard? Or over the rest of the island? If it is this graveyard, would someone please tell me where to dig!

Or did I perhaps miss the fact that one can somehow equip the shovel? Believe me, I've tried...
I'll be forever grateful and saved from insanity, if someone helps me out here...

I'm stuck with the Patty quest. I wonder if I've misunderstood the quest. She takes me to a graveyard, and tells me to start digging.

Although I have two shovels in inventory, even though I've clicked all over the place, he doesn't start digging.

Am I supposed to look in this graveyard? Or over the rest of the island? If it is this graveyard, would someone please tell me where to dig!

Or did I perhaps miss the fact that one can somehow equip the shovel? Believe me, I've tried…
I'll be forever grateful and saved from insanity, if someone helps me out here…

You need to dig somewhere in the graveyard. Just look for a patch of soil that looks loose, somewhere in front of a tombstone, and click while facing it. (not with the tombstone targeted!) If you have the right spot (there won't be a target, like the secret doors you use paintings to open), he'll start digging.

Yay! Thanks so much, UnDefiler! I've been reading elsewhere that you should see a spot that's "lighter than the rest", but I didn't see anything like that, or even loose ground, but because of what you said, I just started clicking away wildly close to graves, and he started digging on a grassy spot, and I got the chest! :cool:

Thanks so much! :w00t: :thumbsup: :ahoy:

Back
Top Bottom