Not the Time for Dragons - Trailer and 11 New Screens @ CRPG.ru

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
Staff Member
Eddard Stark from CRPG.ru sends along the news that there is now an official trailer available for your viewing pleasure, and 11 new screens . Check them out, they come strongly recommended. He also points out that the text for the trailer is in cyrillic script.

More information.

Screenshot
That sure is lot of moron indicators. I hope that's not a sign. Okay, that was just lame pun.

Let's hope not. It's seemed an ambitious project thus far.

Edit: Having watched the trailer, my sole woe is the damage system: dealing damage in the range of hundreds of points seems utterly lame to me. I still wonder if this is gonna be more of a hack 'n slash title than a proper cRPG, as only combat scenes were shown off in the clip, but no NPC interaction/dialogues.

Last edited:
I don't want to judge too harshly based on similarities:
- moron indicators are pretty standard at this point in action RPG's, and are something I can easily overlook if the rest of the game is good ... it is something I *expect* if the rest of the game is vapid!
- damage amounts - I recall doing over 1000 damage in a single attack in my first battle of Valkyrie Profile Lenneth on the PSP and thinking 'WTF"? I really don't like those sorts of things, but again, it is something I can ignore if the rest is solid.

The problem with excessively high damage is a) the high numbers are just there for show, i.e. anything can be killed with a few slashes anyway (so why the large nubmers then?) and b) if you need über-damage to kill off some beastie it prolly means they are abundant in HP, meaning in turn that it takes hours to chop away at a monster, which is highly annoying and no less dumb than option a).

Either way it's bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom