Gothic 3 What weapon(s) are you using?

Neo

Lone Wolf
While exploring a cave near Montera I found this rather strange, but awesome weapon. I think it was supposed to be for a quest but I never found one for it, and kept this sword troughout the whole game -- up to where I am, I still use it.

Name is Wenzel's Sword. Blessed, sharpened, does 95 blade damage.
As a shield I still use Skull Shield, can't seem to find a better one :-/
Some amulets/rings for +health and the Rebel Armor (for 25% status).
For ranged attacks I use my good ol' Bone Bow, good for a 55 damage.

Wenzel's sword is sword of the Paladin you may rescue in ***** (forgot the name) and liberate the city with him. If you do so, he will ask you to bring the weapon to him. I did it and brought the weapon back to him. I'm using flame sword which I've bought from someone somewhere and that's all. I don't use shield although I have one Skull shield in my inventory.

Cape Dun.

Once you clean up the city with him you get the quest. Nice experience ...

I am using Quarterstaff and Mage Staff and Fire Sword ... and fireballs & other magic ;)

To me it seems like there are two things to look for in G3 weapons. Reach and speed.

Halberd when I need reach, self-forged twohander for fun (it is the worst weapon in this list), and a self-forged bastard sword when I need speed (against undead high priests and the like). The bastard sword does the most damage, and the halberd can usually hit enemies before they get close enough to strike back. The weapons are all sharpened.

The worst weapon in terms of value for many would be any of the human 2h axes. Slow and with a crappy reach the barbarian battleaxe comes at a price of a whopping 36000 gold...

I think the flaming sword is a bug. Reading the in-game text makes me belive that the FS should be summoned by the flaming sword spell (has anyone tried that spell?) and not be available in stores (a bit like the demon sword).

Once you clean up the city with him you get the quest. Nice experience ...
It would be better if you could bring him his sword before you attempt to liberate the village. Would make this task a hell of a lot easier. But, you can't. In fact, why can't you just give him the sword whenever you find it? I thought quest were given "by the world and not people"...

I didnt give Wenzel his sword back until i got thru with it... =p
Its a nice sword to have until something better apears.

I use Dual Blade Skill with two Flame Swords now... =D haha, but it tends to Lag on my Laptop though.

@hwfanatic
You can't give sword to a prisoner. That's fair. But what is bad is that he actually has a blade in the prison. That's a bit stupid if you ask me.

@MonGoliat
Good idea with the double blades. I'll go for it. I've plenty of XP points anyway and don't know what to do with them and I'm not using shield at all.

Halberd when I need reach, self-forged twohander for fun (it is the worst weapon in this list), and a self-forged bastard sword when I need speed (against undead high priests and the like). The bastard sword does the most damage, and the halberd can usually hit enemies before they get close enough to strike back. The weapons are all sharpened.

This is how I'm doing things also. The halberd is great against Ripperbeasts, wolves, boars and packs in general. The bastard sword, self forged & sharpened, is great against anything you need speed for. Did find a katana that I am having fun with. Not the highest in damage, but it seems to be the longest single hand sword I've found so far. (Not sure if that matters, or if all single hand swords are treated the same regardless of how long they appear in the game.)

You can't give sword to a prisoner. That's fair. But what is bad is that he actually has a blade in the prison. That's a bit stupid if you ask me.
You should have an option to give Wenzel the sword before you two start the fight. Whether anybody minds this breach of protocol (giving weapon to a prisoner) is irrelevant since you are attacking them anyway.

You should have an option to give Wenzel the sword before you two start the fight. Whether anybody minds this breach of protocol (giving weapon to a prisoner) is irrelevant since you are attacking them anyway.

I think it would make the most sense if the orcs are angered by you giving him the weapon. It could provide an alternate way of starting the liberation (one of the things I loved about previous Gothics was that there tended to be hundreds of small ways to trigger various quests, a level of detail simply absent in G3).

Danicek: Go for it! =D

Zaleukos: I so agree! I miss for example when you could give the smith in Koronis a orc axe or get ridd of some badits. and the axe you could either find on an orc (by killing it *duh*) or by going into a nearby cave and finding on on the cave floor.

@hwfanatic-i agree with you on the prisoner rational. however the only reason its called wenzels sword is for the sake of managing inventory. if you didn't get the quest first how would you know whose it was (unless this was oblivion). lots of quests are this way with you not getting the story before doing the quest but realisticly he has no reason to trust you by telling you where this sword is until 'after' you free the town. otherwise if he told you first you could kill him and other rebels with it by siding with the orcs. yes i was upset i couldn't complete it my second game through. but this was partly because i knew about the quest from the first game, where as in the second game i didn't liberate any towns or destroy any camps.

Back
Top Bottom