Dungeon Lords

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Dungeon Lords is a real-time 3D full freedom 3rd person perspective fantasy role-playing and action game. It comprises a unique offering of Personal Character (PC) development in a world filled with NPC interactive characters and game quests, as the player journeys through an enchanted land of ancient castles and dungeon lairs to engage in real-time tactical combat action against a variety of deadly foes, from monstrous creatures to powerful wizards, from undead lords to greater demons. Dungeon Lords can be played either single-player stand alone, or in multi-player group sessions.
More information.

Perhaps not quite, but it certainly comes VERY close.

I agree DL sucked for the most part, but the "epic badness" tends to be exaggerated imo. If you approach it as a simplistic action-RPG, it's really not that terrible.

I also think a lot of people had overly high expectations because it was a D.W. Bradley game.

What JDR said. I kinda enjoyed it as a coop game, but it sure was far from perfect...

I tried playing it recently (with an open mind) but I couldn't stand the combat. Oh and it crashed with a corrupted savegame so I lost most of my progress (admittedly I hadn't got very far).

Installed the delaxe edition and played it recently. Very nice. Its challenging, suprising and interesting something that many modern games fail to deliver.

Of course I had no expections because everyone bad mouthed it.

Played it before and liked, didn't find major game breaking bugs and was quite fun, especially in lan game, ofc be that time I was not spoiled with better rpg games, liked the system of pick lock of treasure chest, anyway I think it is not that bad and deserves a try, especially playing in lan.

I tried to play it, but did not like it at all. Those ridiculous respawns that slide down from the mountain slopes made me lose all interest in the game.

However, I had an acquaintance who is an avid cRPG player and who was weirdly fascinated by this game and loved it to bits. I could understand some of it when I watched a "Let's Play" once and saw that the story wasn't quite as inane as the presentation. It's just that the respawning and the lifeless city destroy the immersion that I like in RPGs.

I liked it. I bought the collectors edition as well even though I knew I was getting screwed. I had to because I was playing the original with my mom back home and we both wanted the latest version. It wasn't perfect, but we had fun and got my money's worth out of it.

Wish they fixed Nether magic. There were a few upper level spells you could make, but would do nothing at all.

I liked it. I bought the collectors edition as well even though I knew I was getting screwed. I had to because I was playing the original with my mom back home and we both wanted the latest version. It wasn't perfect, but we had fun and got my money's worth out of it.

As I likely mentioned in one of my too many articles on DL I also bought it on Impulse during the very short time it was available (and paid all of $5 or so!), so now I can simply install it anywhere ... :) Crap ... looks like I'll have to install it again!

Yeah, it was a shit game for sure... But it was a potentially good 2.5D game if they didnt go for very average 3D graphics (even for its launch dates standards).

It did have co-op and the campaign was pretty decently set up for it.

The level design was actually pretty great?

Was just very unpolished. Just a few changes like a quest direction thing on your compass like in skyrim would make it play so much smoother. Far less "ok, wtf do i do now... ahh, quit out. uninstall? maybe ill give it another chance" then you do a year later and start playing and think "well, its not THAT bad" then get about as far as the time before and go "nah, fuck this". :)

you know what i mean, right? :D

As I likely mentioned in one of my too many articles on DL I also bought it on Impulse during the very short time it was available (and paid all of $5 or so!), so now I can simply install it anywhere … :) Crap … looks like I'll have to install it again!

Yes but Mike you could of had a cheeseburger with that $5 dollars. Life is full of these little regrets...

Christ almighty stop playing this game if you know what's good for you. It has bells and whistles that might make you have hope, but it's just a smokescreen. It's one of the worst games ever, so do yourself a favor and uninstall immediately.

Back
Top Bottom