The Witcher - First Release Candidate

Yes, good to know JonNik, thanks. :)
Which story is the Lesser Evil in order if The Witcher is first?

I would like to read The Witcher as the movie got a little confusing, after the fight.
Since we have seen the movie and it's the intro of the game it won't hurt to talk about it. :)

What was this about him spending the night with her, was this part of the reward or cure?
Why the coffin(?), was this her coffin or his?
What was the cure, her killing the man who cursed her?
Was cutting her hair part or the cure of just to show her(her form?) she was out matched?

Apologizes, for my n00b questions. :)

I have no problem answering if you dont mind being spoiled, but those
intending to read the book might want to skip this post.

Which story is the Lesser Evil in order if The Witcher is first?

The Last wish is a collection of stories (some reprinted from the first collection :
"the Witcher") interleaved with an overarching story (called the voice of reason).
I get the impression they are snippets of Geralt's adventures during a wide time
period, wonderfully joined by the voice of reason parts, leading to an important
event in the Protagonists life only hinted at at the end (speculation: his rumored
death ?). Lesser evil is story number 3 btw.

What was this about him spending the night with her, was this part of the reward or cure?
Why the coffin(?), was this her coffin or his?
What was the cure, her killing the man who cursed her?
To cure the Striga of her affliction Geralt had to keep her out of her sarcophagus
until the new day dawned, At one point he decides the best strategy to keep her
out of it (while keeping himself alive without having to kill her) was to "barricade"
himself in it...

Was cutting her hair part or the cure of just to show her(her form?) she was out matched?

The hair cutting thing was not in the book. I thing it was an easy way to convey
that Geralt managed to frighten the Striga enough at that point to retreat so
he could lock himself in her coffin. In the book He does this by "psychically"
mirroring back to the striga all her malice and hatred (flying into something like
a berseker rage for outward appearances).

Back
Top Bottom