Divinity II - FoV to DKS Upgrade Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you have the original Divinity 2 and would like to see the Dragon Knight Saga benefits without re-buying the whole thing, Larian has finally released a D2 + FoV = DKS patch. In other words, just buy the expansion only for your old Divinity 2 copy, apply the patch, and you have the ful Dragon Knight Saga improvements:
Hello,

We have made available a patch that will bring your Ego Draconis plus Flames of Vengeance setup up to speed with the improvements of the Dragon Knight Saga.

If you own Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance, you can download the correct patch on the following webpage:

http://www.larian.com/fov2dks_community.php

As the page explains, you need Ego Draconis and Flames of Vengeance installed. The patch will turn your ED+FOV installation into a DKS installation
smile.gif

If you have any questions or issues, please use this topic.
More information.

I've got both ego draconis and FOV installed. What's the difference with Dragon Knight Saga? WHat does this patch do? Does it add features? I thought DKS was Ego Draconis and FOV.

It does some re-balancing... changes the enemy levels, some quest difficulty, some items, etc.. Also there were big changes to the dragon sections I believe.

I would try this out but I am too far into the game to be okay with losing my save. I just got the dragon form (then quit to play New Vegas).

I believe there are some better graphical options in DKS also. I really couldn't tell much of a difference, to be honest. I wouldn't start over just to see the differences, but if you plan on playing the game again, at some point, then I'd grab the patch when you get a chance.

I have the boxed version of Divinity II, but never found FOV in the shops! This means my Divinity II was a wasted buy as I have to buy Dragon Saga if I want FOV!! Totally pissed! Doesn't help Larien will sell me FOV for the same price as most retailers sell the Dragon Saga!! Grrrr!

So you can buy DKS for the price of the FoV add-on and you complain about what?

So you can buy DKS for the price of the FoV add-on and you complain about what?

That I should be able to buy FOV in a shop so I can patch it to Saga. I paid good money for Divinity II and will have to now sell it, and put the money toward Saga, meaning the game will cost me more.

Given that I will not be buying anymore Larien games in case the same thing happens again!

What do you mean it costs you more? DKS is a mid price release. FoV alone would have cost the same. You didn't get less, you got more. And you even have a Divinity 2 to do with as you please.

Regarding the lack of a retail release … no publisher, no retail release. The problem is finding a publisher. Obviously in most countries no publisher saw a business opportunity in releasing FoV. It's impossible for Larian to put it on the shelves without help. Big retailers only buy from listed suppliers. Such a listing takes a lot of time and even more money.

edit: FoV download through game.co.uk for 15GBP. Sounds like a perfectly normal price. 20€ directly through Larian is also fine.

@Uk John : Personally, I must admit that I don't see quite the point … You could still buy at Larian's Vault directly, for a downloadable version of FOV, I assume …

That I should be able to buy FOV in a shop so I can patch it to Saga. I paid good money for Divinity II and will have to now sell it, and put the money toward Saga, meaning the game will cost me more.

Given that I will not be buying anymore Larien games in case the same thing happens again!

There is no retail release of FoV — it's a downloadable expansion.

Buy it at the link above or direct from Larian:

http://www.larianvault.com/product.php?item=1

Fixed! No need to sell anything if you don't want to.

There was a retail release in Germany. dtp (who paid for 50% of the Divinity 2 development) didn't publish, but they also do a lot of distribution. So Larian paid them for their distribution services. In the customer's eyes nothing changed, but the review copy explicitly mentioned the switch.

Yes, and now both are here in Germany in retail, currently (at least in major electronic chains) : FOV and DKS ...

I believe there are some better graphical options in DKS also. I really couldn't tell much of a difference, to be honest. I wouldn't start over just to see the differences, but if you plan on playing the game again, at some point, then I'd grab the patch when you get a chance.

The graphics enhancements were included with FoV. Most things were, it was only the re-balancing and such that weren't.

Back
Top Bottom