The "I Just Bought" thread

I'd suggest beginning with Frayed Knights!! :)

I couldn't resist these tempting sales so today I bought the Gothic Complete Collection on Gamersgate, and the whole D&D sale bundle on GOG.

I've never played any of the Gothics and oddly have never gotten around to playing many of the Infinity Engine titles (aside from BG 1). So, the mountain of games in my backlog increases manyfold. I'm well-stocked for gaming in the fall / winter months now!

Nice grab… those two bundles include four of my favorite crps of all time: Gothic 1&2 and BG 1&2. The Icewind Dale games are excellent as well.

I also purchased the D&D bundle from GOG, even though I have boxed copies of all of them except Demon Stone. That bundle was too good to pass up at that price, and it'll be nice to not have to swap CD's around for the older titles.

I'm starting to grow a nice little collection of GOG purchases.

Attachments

• GOG.jpg
    GOG.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 102
I'd suggest beginning with Frayed Knights!! :)
I do plan to get that one too! Been looking forward to it.
Nice grab… those two bundles include four of my favorite crps of all time: Gothic 1&2 and BG 1&2. The Icewind Dale games are excellent as well.

I also purchased the D&D bundle from GOG, even though I have boxed copies of all of them except Demon Stone. That bundle was too good to pass up at that price, and it'll be nice to not have to swap CD's around for the older titles.

I'm starting to grow a nice little collection of GOG purchases.

Nice GOG shelf there. I probably will eventually add those Might & Magics and maybe the Divinity titles someday to mine.

Logitech wireless trackball M570

Due to some joint inflammation, I've been trying to cut down on the burden that a conventional mouse has on the wrist and hand. I work and play on a computer, and it's taking it's toll after all these years. I never thought that I'd go trackball, and so far I dont see myself going totally to it, but it's nice to have and definitely helps. For instance, I'll play a game w/ my mouse, then relax my arm w/ the trackball on my leg or armrest and give my wrist and hand a rest for a while when surfing the net or something. Last night was the first time that I actually gamed w/ the trackball, and for a 3rd person action game (The First Templar) it actually worked really well and I had no troubles w/ it.

I leave the wireless receiver plugged in, and just flick the switch on the trackball when I want to use it, it doesnt seem to interfere w/ the conventional mouse when operational. I just plug the receiver into whatever PC or laptop I'm on and the time and can use it instantly, quite handy.

One of the biggest concerns that I had was sensitivity - w/ a mouse I generally roll at about 2400 dpi, and using my fiancee's trackball as a test months ago I was getting like 400 maybe 800, having to roll the thing several times just to get across the screen. Sorry, that's just unacceptable. Thankfully, the Logitech M570 does indeed have sensitivity settings when using the Setpoint software, and while a specific DPI is not specified, when cranking it up i can get it moving so fast that I still have trouble zeroing in on the small "x" at the corner of a tab sometimes. Crossing the screen is one roll of the thumb. So yes, the sensitivity issue has been addressed, I've even had to turn it down a little until I was more acclimated w/ this method of control.

Overall, a good purchase for +/- $50 and one that's helped ease the wrist and hand issues brought on by excessive mousing.

Thankfully, the Logitech M570 does indeed have sensitivity settings when using the Setpoint software.

Setpoint is great, I've used its profile feature a couple of times for older games that don't behave on modern systems (I'm looking at you, Gothic II).

My bod is finally rebelling against years of working + gaming on computer syndrome too. Throw 2 young children into the mix and my back / neck has been giving me hell over the last couple of years.

So today I've taken delivery of a decent chair for my home PC which, along with a daily stretching routine, I'm hoping will help me stay mostly headache free.

Ive always thought that eventually I'll get thru my backlog, even if I'm 70 years old when doing it. Instead of zoning out on television, or sitting on my old rocker on the front porch I'll be playing games. That's why I've never been in any hurry.

Now that I'm getting older, I realize that by that there's potential for tons of different physical ailments to scuttle gaming big time. Do the stretches, take supplements for the joints if you feel stiffness, watch your posture, or the only games you may be playing is an occasional game of tic tac toe!

Um. I've got a Logitech M100 and a Logitech M90 (both traditional with cables).

Support wasn't able to tell me what's the difference between both.
Support even insisted in not knowing about the M90, if I remember correctly. Their web site was only showing the - supposedly newer - M100 mouse.

I can make a photo of both packages, if someone here insists on either one or even both not existing as well.

I've used trackballs for the past 15 years and I unequivocally have to say that they are superior to standard mice. The only problem is in how few models are out there. The last exemplary models, imo, were the Logitech Marble FX and Microsoft Explorer. Alas, these have not been in production for a long time.

As for current models, for outright precision, the thumb-controlled trackballs are inferior to models controlled by index & middle fingers. Those [thumb] models also encourage your hand to curl in on itself which is an even larger problem for people such as myself with big hands. I recommend this model: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/trackballs/devices/189. It's only available in a wireless version, but given the lack of good trackballs out there, you take what you can get.

Microsoft made some really good trackballs. It's a shame they stopped. I still have my Trackball optical and would never part with it. I know some people say it's too large but I have large hands so it's great for me.

They do take some getting used to though. Whenever someone comes over to my place and tries to use the computer they always go 'How do you use this thing!?' :lol:

At my work they switched over to the Logitech Trackman Marble, the one with the red ball in the middle. It also took some getting used to but I do okay with it now, though I think I prefer the ball on the side to be operated with my thumb rather than that ball in the middle that gets operated with my forefinger.

I went through a couple trackman marbles but decided to make the switch to the Optical Trackman for the sake of having a scroll wheel.

where did that come from? **blinks* ='.'=

Are they trackballs?

Do you mean me ?

No, they are really traditional mice. Optical, cable, USB even, I think (ised to have PS/2 mice my whole life). They are available both in white and in black colour.

M90 : http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/devices/6562
M100 : http://www.logitech.com/en-au/mice-pointers/mice/devices/6540

If you can find any differences between both, technically speaking, you get a 500 virtual experience points from me.

pic798666_md.jpg

Beautiful, big board game from Fantasy Flight Games. Our second offline game after San Juan and a big step up from that one in terms of complexity. We played our first practice game yesterday (no winner, some of the complexity removed) and had a blast.

More images at Board Game Geek.

OMD - Live In Berlin - Great album !
It comes as a book, though.
With the CD in it.

Concerts of the U.S. tour (which is currently taking place) can be bought in digital form.

I've had the Soldam Windy Altium Super X for sometime now… But the SSDs are brand new and ready to migrate over to the Soldam.

Attachments

• soldamandssds.jpg
    soldamandssds.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 52
I've been listening to Lehrer since the 1960's!! :)

They do have no relation to any games, but...

New acquirements!

The Dream Hunters of Neil Gayman and Yoshitaka Amano
Collector's Book "The Complete Fiction" of H. P. Lovecraft(You did read well. It even has the legendary "Call of Cthulhu" in it)!

With surprise I found out that the famous adventure game series "Discworld" is based from the 5 editions of Neil Gayman!

"Brave New World" is here within the canon of the "must read" books - together with "1984" and "The Wave".
Everybody reads them, I think, at school - and some people put "Amusing ourselves to death" to that list as well.

"Lehrer" means "teacher", by the way.

With surprise I found out that the famous adventure game series "Discworld" is based from the 5 editions of Neil Gayman!

Terry Prattchett, NOT Neil Gayman !

Back
Top Bottom