Dragon Age - Interview #2 @ Polygamia

Dhruin

SasqWatch
This is Ausir's second interview from the Dragon Age Warden's Quest event. Online Producer Fernando Melo faces the questions this time, which means the Social site is top of the agenda. On how it might direct future content:
Can it also allow you to track how people play your game and react to that in future titles?

Absolutely. Even in the downloadable content, we have a plan to support the game for about two years afterwards. And a lot of that is not just us saying that we want people to play this, it's listening to our community in both what they're doing in the game and what they choose to let us now, but also traditionally through forum posts, now on the social site we also can take a look at their stories, we can also look at blog posts and wikis, how many people are following other players and characters through their game, and those are really good indicators of the type of content people enjoy in Dragon Age. So it's going to be less about what we think people want and what they actually want to play. It's very important for us.
More information.

The lack of isometric perspective is the biggest downside of the console versions to me. TPP is fine for exploring, but isometric is pretty much essential in combat in this game, unless you want to play on very easy.

Yeah, I'm leaning on going with the PC version at the moment as well. Besides the isometric camera view, I'm expecting better graphics, the ability to tweak the engine and community content. On the other hand, handling a keyboard and mouse for over 100 hours doesn't go over as well with me as handling a gamepad.

I guess I'm going to spring $65 for the CE version tomorrow, I hope it ends up being worth it.

Is it really supposed to be 100+ hours?

It's only supposed to be 100+ hours if you do all of the Origin stories and hunt for all the achievements etc. - A "normal" playthrough with one character is supposed to be between 40 and 50 hours if you do all side quests (and about 30 if you focus only on the main campaign).

^This info is based on comments from a German games mag editor who has finished the game (see http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?newsbit=13226).

Which is impossible to do with a single character, correct?

Yes, since the Origin stories are tied to your race and class combination. There are three races and three classes so all in all there are six different Origin stories to pursue.

Yes, since the Origin stories are tied to your race and class combination. There are three races and three classes so all in all there are six different Origin stories to pursue.

Well I rarely replay games, at least not without a few years between playthroughs. I just hope DA is worth the money, I got burned last week (imo) with Borderlands.

I can't help being a bit skeptical about only 3 races, and 3 starting classes in the game.

Back
Top Bottom