Worlds of Magic - Behind the Scenes Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Wastelands Interactive released a new Behind the Scenes Video for Worlds of Magic about how the developer created the game. Here is the video & press release.

Three weeks since release, Worlds of Magic gets a multiplayer mode and Wastelands Interactive shares the details about the creative process behind the game, in the first episode of “Behind the scenes” video.

Hardcore fans of 4X turn-based strategy games can now enjoy Worlds of Magic not only in a single-player mode but also share the fun with friends in a just added multi-player. Developers count on gamers’ help with testing the mode, that’s currently in beta, to make sure it’ll fulfill players’ expectations. Those interested in how the game was created can also watch the first episode of “Behind the scenes” video, explaining how Worlds of Magic came to life.

Since launch Wastelands Interactive keeps supporting the game massively with updates released every 2-3 days. That’s a very rare and unique approach these days, that was noticed and is highly appreciated by gamers, who praise developers for respecting the gaming community out there.
More information.

Updates every 2-3 days for a a game that should not have been release for another year... It was clear it wasnt even close to complete at release.

And even with all the patches it is pretty much far from the promise to be the new MoM...

Updates every 2-3 days for a a game that should not have been release for another year… It was clear it wasnt even close to complete at release.

And even with all the patches it is pretty much far from the promise to be the new MoM…

Note sure about that...think maybe a few months more would have given them time to polish it up....it's definitely playable.

Well, MoM wasn't exactly a shining light in the realm of polished and balanced games :)

However, that doesn't really mean it's ok to release half-broken games like this, and it's pretty boring that they're not doing more to evolve from MoM.

That said, I love MoM - and I'd love to get a multiplayer version with a modern interface and reasonable visuals.

But, this doesn't look like it'll get there for a while. I'll keep checking it every month or so - and maybe I'll get lucky and my money won't be wasted.

I still can't believe what they have done in their Steam forums, it is kind of outrageous, I mean look:

womlolztuhl.jpg

These stickies are for the most part not really needed. An onlooker would believe that all is fine with the game because threads with complaints get buried to the second page within hours.

I still can't believe what they have done in their Steam forums, it is kind of outrageous, I mean look:

womlolztuhl.jpg

These stickies are for the most part not really needed. An onlooker would believe that all is fine with the game because threads with complaints get buried to the second page within hours.

What? Steam user reviews are all anyone needs to get an idea of game quality.

womlolztuhl.jpg

Look who is doing this again....we have been over this in other threads but here comes Humanity has failed to show us that clicking next page or increasing the posts per page will show more...plus, there isn't this huge outrage after the first page so this makes no sense.

So I was given a Steam gift card which I use to buy 7 days to die. I hesitated as to what to do with the rest and ultimately decided to buy this game, in part so that rune_74 cannot say I am not speaking from experience anymore.

So far, I am not sure what to think. I find the interface very confusing, among others, I don't know why I can't press the end turn button at all times. The game runs quite sluggishly on my top of the line Alienware 15 laptop. I find the art, music and factions to be uninspired.

For the rest it looks like the base mechanics are there, but I doubt it can become nearly as good as Master of Magic. The different races were truly interesting to play, the game was snappy, the music perfectly fitting and the interface very easy to read.

Back
Top Bottom