Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Composer Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Sam Hulick (Mass Effect series) has been named as the composer for the new areas in Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
SAM HULICK SCORES MUSIC FOR BALDUR'S GATE: ENCHANCED EDITION
May 10, 2012 - Overhaul Games is pleased to announce that Sam Hulick will be composing music for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™.

Hulick is best known for scoring BioWare's epic roleplaying games Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and most recently, Mass Effect 3. His original compositions for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ will be featured alongside new gameplay content, complementing the games' acclaimed original soundtracks.

"The music of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II was a huge inspiration for me as a composer who was just venturing forth into the world of writing music for games. So to be able to travel back in time, so to speak, and score original material for the Baldur's Gate saga is a dream come true for me," said Sam.

You can follow Sam Hulick on twitter @samhulick. For all information regarding Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™, visit www.baldursgate.com.
More information.

Very cool, guy is talented.

Yeah, the music in Mass Effect is top notch.

I'm sure he will do fine, but he will have some pressure to perform. The BG series music is pretty amazing. It has such an epic feel to it. It's by far my favorite music of any game I played so far.

The BG Enhanced team is growing and has lots of talent. I suppose the extra content will be fairly substantial then. I was thinking about doing another un of BG, but when I heard about the enhanced game I held off. I'm pretty stoked about anything new BG material. I hope it will be out in time for my vacation this summer!

I turn the music in games all the way down anyway.(when given the option) Seems weird running around a forest or what not with music always playing.

I am very sensitive to music and thus consider it to be one of the most important elements in a game or any other media. It actually has the power to make or break a game in my case.

Despite being praised by some, I consider the music in Mass Effect to be really awful to such a degree that it noticeably reduced my enjoyment of the game, particularly during the action and Mako sequences. Thankfully, IMO it significantly improved in ME2.

Last edited:
Couldnt care less. Im starting to be anti-music in games, i turn it off pretty soon due to the "battle music" that starts magically playing when an enemy aggros. Its like you dont even have to look for enemies, just walk around snd when the music changes you know its time to fight. Annoying all the more when an enemy aggros, and cant get to you, so youre walking around in circles with the battle tune playing, trying to figure out where the trapped dummy is

The one thing that really bugs me about battle music is that it's often far too loud compared to exploration music. I really like listening to music that adds to the atmosphere, but sometimes I need to turn it down just to avoid getting my ears blown out when I enter combat.

There was music in ME series? Oo I must have completely tuned out... only music I remember in ME series is during space travel and probe launching... and that quickly got very annoying.

I'm probably being too grouchy about it, I guess I do like a little atmospheric music while I explore sometimes. The original Diablo music comes to mind. I just hate battle music

I don't particularly find the ME 1 or 2 soundtracks that memorable, (haven't played ME 3 yet..) although one or two tracks are ok. The Galaxy Map music is probably the track I like and remember most, as it reminds me of some 80s ambient stuff that I like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwJtYfF72Io

So whilst this news isn't completely meaningful to me - fingers crossed the chap can do a good job with the new material and remain true to the spirit of the original soundtrack, which is brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom