Skyrim Skyrim GEMS

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

azarhal

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
I just found out this website: Skyrim GEMS.

It's a catalogue of gameplay mods for Skyrim in a easy to browse webpage. Also link videos, screens, guides, compare and, of course, where to download the mods.

I find navigating Nexus and Steam tedius, this is a timesaver for me

<= Mod addict.

Sweet, I'm about to startup Skyrim again in a week or so, this will be a great asset!

Some of these mods sound flat out incredible. Sigh. Maybe one day I will build a gaming PC. Actually, I'm just hoping that next-gen consoles have the ability to play mods. That would be amazing.

That would be shocking. It's not just a matter of power, it's a matter of policy. Anything that goes on either console has to go through testing at Sony/Microsoft. I really don't think that testing is free.

Still, maybe it could be done indirectly? Bethesda could call up the most popular mod developers (minus the naughty ones, the UI based ones, and the ones that would get them into copyright problems) and ask if they could buy the mod off them for cheap. Then they could bundle the takers' mods together, get them tested, and ship them out with a new version of Skyrim as a "Skyrim Next Gen Edition".

P.S. GEMS looked good but honestly I just love paging through mod after mod in Nexus.

P.P.S. The Vilja mod is awesome!

Wow!!! That Vilja mod looks amazing!

I think mods can be done on next-gen consoles. Mods seem to be the future of gaming so I'm sure Microsoft or Sony will see that and try to latch on to them. I could be way off but I'm hoping I'm right. It would be great to play the next Elder Scrolls game complete with mods.

If she doesn't block doors like Lydia, I'll reinstall Skyrim and replay the bug-o-rama.

She's a little better at getting out of the way (and has some things to say about it when she does). There's also a mod to get followers to move out of the way faster. It was on the GEMS list.

The Skyrim GEMS site is turning me into a modaholic! I never use to do this much with mods. But the realism, role playing, and similar areas are really making the game much more immersive. Still sticking to mainly cosmetic mods, with a few exceptions, but really enjoying the added touches.

My current favorite character, Varg the Orc, with Bran fro Dawnguard and Farkas. Not that a screenshot can do justice to a lot of the things I have added.

varg_dog.jpg

Anyhow big thanks for the OP for posting this link!

Wow!!! That Vilja mod looks amazing!

I think mods can be done on next-gen consoles. Mods seem to be the future of gaming so I'm sure Microsoft or Sony will see that and try to latch on to them. I could be way off but I'm hoping I'm right. It would be great to play the next Elder Scrolls game complete with mods.

It's not as easy as Microsoft or Sony allowing mods on consoles. Most mods require 3rd party software to run. Consoles can not run the required software. Also, when you use multiple mods, you have to adjust the load order. How are console users supposed to do that?

The Skyrim GEMS site is turning me into a modaholic! I never use to do this much with mods. But the realism, role playing, and similar areas are really making the game much more immersive. Still sticking to mainly cosmetic mods, with a few exceptions, but really enjoying the added touches.

My current favorite character, Varg the Orc, with Bran fro Dawnguard and Farkas. Not that a screenshot can do justice to a lot of the things I have added.

varg_dog.jpg

Just curious, what mods are you using in that screenshot? That looks really nice.

You're welcome.

I'm mostly using cosmetic stuff as well. I've download quests, but never got to play them beside trying the Elsweir mod for a bit, but I was too low level...

Just curious, what mods are you using in that screenshot? That looks really nice.

The main mod affecting that shot is the enhanced Whiterun mod - adds lots more lighting and objects to the town - makes it very immersive. I also have a mod for Farkas, and Varg has a hairy chest mod and immersive armor mod.

I made a screenshot of the mods I have. Lots of fun :) The cool thing is that with so many different people adding in followers, dialogue, more options for NPC's you get a real blend of personalities from all over making the world more dynamic.

Later on I want to try out Vilja and Atvir Dres: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19348

Attachments

• mods.jpg
    mods.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 74
It's not as easy as Microsoft or Sony allowing mods on consoles. Most mods require 3rd party software to run. Consoles can not run the required software. Also, when you use multiple mods, you have to adjust the load order. How are console users supposed to do that?
Eh? You mean script extenders? Not many mods use those. The only ones I've seen that do use it are UI mods, which console players wouldn't want anyway. There are some graphics mods that stick themselves between the game and DirectX but I think the console graphics are already maxxed out.

Maybe it's time to revisit skyrim soon. Missing it after seeing these mods.

Back
Top Bottom