Gothic 3 Latest info on console needed

gravelcords

Traveler
Hi everyone.

G3 is my first Gothic, and this forum has been very helpful in getting me into the game. I’m running the v1.6 Community Patch with a Dell E510 (XP Pro-SP2, P4-3ghz, 3 GB ram, ATI Radeon x1950 pro) Patched the game before I started. All video and chipset drivers are current, and the game plays well for me (MED settings).

My question is about using the console. Console deploys with Marvin mode and the ~ key, I get a cursor and a highlighted blue line (see attached screenshot) but the cursor doesn’t activate, and nothing can be seen when I type. Text is not garbled on the header, or in the “about” info given at the top of the window. This holds true whether the test mode is “true” or “false” in the ge3.ini file.

I used the G3Explorer.7z package, and unpacked the _compiledImage.pak and _compiledImage.p00 and .p01 patch files (in that order) into the _compiledImage folder, that was already there (an older post had stated that you had to create this folder, but I assume it was created by the 1.6 patch). Have not deleted the originals of these files; they are in another folder.

Do I also have to unpack the _intern.pak file into the _intern folder? From another post, I had tried this earlier, and ran into problems with textures in the game (and it didn’t fix the problem, so I deleted the Gothic III folder from my Program Files, kept my saves, reinstalled the game, and have reverted to the above configuration)

I’ve been searching the forum for an answer, but keep getting referred back to older posts, some of which I think may be outdated after the CP v1.6. What’s the latest information? Thanks!

Attachments

• Console-G3-screenshot.jpg
    Console-G3-screenshot.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 38
In gothic 3, marvin is not included. You had to edit the ini file (can be done with the tweakfile) and then use the superscript3/superscript2 button on the azerty keyboard. What you're talking about ... the .pak files...is completely unnescessary. I never did that and could always use the console.

In gothic 3, marvin is not included. You had to edit the ini file (can be done with the tweakfile) and then use the superscript3/superscript2 button on the azerty keyboard. What you're talking about ... the .pak files...is completely unnescessary. I never did that and could always use the console.

Don't know what the azerty keyboard is; I just have a standard keyboard. Marvin comes up for me-what can I say? What's your call here? I've already done one reinstall of the game (deleting all folders first except saves), so i think that's clean, and using the ~ key in that stock config doesn't give me the console.

Don't know what the azerty keyboard is; I just have a standard keyboard. Marvin comes up for me-what can I say? What's your call here? I've already done one reinstall of the game (deleting all folders first except saves), so i think that's clean, and using the ~ key in that stock config doesn't give me the console.

azerty - qwerty -> there are different keyboards in this world. Marvin doesn't exist anymore in Gothic 3, use the tweakfile you can find here. There you can enable the console which you have to bring down by the key above the tab-key

One of the community patches messed around with the console I think.

Back
Top Bottom