RPGWatch - GotY 2015 Awards - Most Promising RPG

Every forum has (or perhaps needs) their fair share of idiots. We have luji1 and quite a few others. It would be a very quiet place if we start banning people because they say things someone doesn't like.
If you are looking for a place where everybody is warm and social, and where people get along with each other, then this is not that place. Only a close forum could potentially accomplish something like that.

I hear what you are saying, and I get that it's a dangerous path when "free speech" is discarded, even in the name of a supposedly noble end. Even then, when it is so painfully obvious that a poster is blatantly detrimental to the community, would it really be so terrible to enact some sort of standard asking merely for basic human behavior?

I always thought that Codex just banned people whenever they felt like it…?

Actually Codex is a very funny place (if you are not easily offended) where many things are allowed. Nobody takes anyone seriously and attacking each other becomes a minigame where everyone tries to come up with more funny ways to bash.

Staff will take away your brofists (read: likes count) if they feel like it but nobody is banned unless they do illegal stuff (last bans were because some people revealed real names of some staff members).

Staff will take away your brofists (read: likes count) if they feel like it
Or they will give you a forum title, which you would know about. :lol:
(Unless you are not the same Archangel that I occasionally see posting over there?)

...would it really be so terrible to enact some sort of standard asking merely for basic human behavior?
I don't even know what that is. If I look at the world around me, filled with humans behaving themselves as humans, I think this is a very friendly place.

It is difficult to set clear borders of what is allowed and what is not. What is a border for you isn't for me probably. So, borders are always somewhat blurred and it is up to the moderator or admin to make the call.

However, if I look through this thread, potential candidates that could have crossed such a border are luj1 and sacred_path. But for those who agree with them, there are probably some others who might have crossed a border.

Or they will give you a forum title, which you would know about. :lol:
(Unless you are not the same Archangel that I occasionally see posting over there?)
Yea I got that because in topic about that crap game Hatred I defended my right to not allow my kid to play violent games until she is older. Some moderator saw that as too liberal view on life (and Codex hates liberals) and I got that tag as a result.

However, if I look through this thread, potential candidates that could have crossed such a border are luj1 and sacred_path. But for those who agree with them, there are probably some others who might have crossed a border.

Ah, I have crossed a border for calling out a news poster on their behaviour and calling them "Couch's disciple". Said news poster referred to the forum populations as idiots. But I have crossed a line?

Great double standards for posters and staff members there, Myrthos. :)

Nothing surprising here.

Here's a few other (hopefully) 2016 RPGs I'm looking forward to:
Liege
Prisonscape
Age of Grit
Copper Dreams
Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements
Graywalkers: Purgatory
Star Traders 2
Insomnia
Starcrawlers
The Meridian Shard
The Mandate
Celestian Tales: Old North DLC & Part 2

Alright, guess that's more than a few :)

Nothing surprising here.

Here's a few other (hopefully) 2016 RPGs I'm looking forward to:
Liege
Prisonscape
Age of Grit
Copper Dreams
Mage's Initiation: Reign of the Elements
Graywalkers: Purgatory
Star Traders 2
Insomnia
Starcrawlers
The Meridian Shard
The Mandate
Celestian Tales: Old North DLC & Part 2

Alright, guess that's more than a few :)

The only game in that list I know is Starcrawlers and The Mandate. I know Insomnia got a few RPGWatch news posts but the name doesn't evoke "fun" to me so I never bothered reading them.

Most of them are Kickstarters I take it?

I hear what you are saying, and I get that it's a dangerous path when "free speech" is discarded, even in the name of a supposedly noble end. Even then, when it is so painfully obvious that a poster is blatantly detrimental to the community, would it really be so terrible to enact some sort of standard asking merely for basic human behavior?

You can add users to the ignore list here. Seems to me this is an adequate solution: if you find someone offensive, irritating, or just plain stupid, ignore them. Only downside to this is if you're a very easily offended person, in which case you'll be seeing a lot of replies to posts you cannot see.

The only game in that list I know is Starcrawlers and The Mandate. I know Insomnia got a few RPGWatch news posts but the name doesn't evoke "fun" to me so I never bothered reading them.

Most of them are Kickstarters I take it?

With the exception of Copper Dreams (although Whalenought could still seek crowdfunding), they have all been on Kickstarter. But Prisonscape didn't meet their funding goal, so the developers have just been taking longer to complete it / self-funding.

I ignore people because they're incapable of debate and are just wasting my time, if someone just decided to randomly call me an asshole then I'd be more inclined to just rip the piss out of them, in the nicest way possible, of course.

Several people on this thread would likely be ignored by me should I actually find something to debate in this mess of dick-slapping displayed here, but I don't really see anything that's actually up for debate, which is the real tragedy for this thread.

I ignore people because they're incapable of debate and are just wasting my time, if someone just decided to randomly call me an asshole then I'd be more inclined to just rip the piss out of them, in the nicest way possible, of course.

Several people on this thread would likely be ignored by me should I actually find something to debate in this mess of dick-slapping displayed here, but I don't really see anything that's actually up for debate, which is the real tragedy for this thread.
[Codex mode on]
I wonder how you get out of bed in the morning with such a big dick.
If you decide to ignore me I don't care because I hate people with big dicks.
[Codex mode off]

Be careful, Archangel. You might get "brofisted".

Which sounds terribly painful, disgusting, and humiliating. o_O;

Be careful, Archangel. You might get "brofisted".

Which sounds terribly painful, disgusting, and humiliating. o_O;

well it is just a virtual
brofist.png

What guys do in all male company before they grow up :D

Hmm, I'm 40+ and posting this from my basement. When people use that as an insult do they even know what basements are like nowadays?

I've got a Theater room, bar, 2 bedrooms and a bathroom down here. Your damn right I'm in my basement and if I could I'd never leave.:lol:

Big time HGTV/DIY watcher - I love basement and attic renovations. I even have a Pinterest page devoted to Attic Renovations with a view - KUDOS my friend.

As far as the 2016 most promising - my list was made entirely of Sci Fi games:
Deus Ex
Technomancer
Cyperpunk
But I don't feel cheated that the peoples list is wrong, I just have more games to look forward to that previously went below my radar.

I forgot about Expeditions: Vikings! Not sure if it will be released this year but definitely looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom