What games are you playing now?

Diablo 3…
the real attraction…
O_O

Excuse me but I see nothing attractive in that game. Or it's grinding philosophies. Even the illfated auction house doesn't induce any emotion in me.

This is just an example what I'd describe as the real attraction, and I'm not making a false statement saying it's lightyears far from Diablo and it's clones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5pf-61zv0s

So I played through the expansion of D3 with a Crusader. Ended at level 63 I think, played most of the way on Expert. I suppose I should've increased the difficulty to Master or Torment, as I didn't even die once, but I had to finish it before the ESO early access thing started. Currently playing ESO and so far it's very smooth for an MMO launch.

Playing Dead Space 1 right now, like the creepy factor, but the controls don't seem very intuitive. Moving with the mouse seems difficult at best, I do like the game but not sure if I will finish based on the controls alone.

Playing Dead Space 1 right now, like the creepy factor, but the controls don't seem very intuitive. Moving with the mouse seems difficult at best, I do like the game but not sure if I will finish based on the controls alone.

That was one of my big problems with it. Defenders of the game say it's to make you feel more helpless, blah blah blah. You know, the same excuses that get dragged out for every clunky survival horror. :rolleyes:

That was one of my big problems with it. Defenders of the game say it's to make you feel more helpless, blah blah blah. You know, the same excuses that get dragged out for every clunky survival horror. :rolleyes:

The initial clunkiness of the PC version of Dead Space is more because it's somewhat of a poor PC port in certain aspects. You can tweak the mouse by editing a line in the config file, and it's smooth sailing after that. I also used AutoHotkey to remap certain keys that the game wouldn't allow.

Dead Space 2 had a much better PC port.

Just started Mars war logs. Not sure if it was a wise choice playing a 3rd person action game right after beating dark souls. The combat feel pretty clunky in comparison. It does seem like there is some depth to it though I'll just need some time to learn and adjust to the mechanics.

Anyone know how long it is? I'm hoping to beat it by the 25th because if not I know I will be setting it aside for dark souls 2.

A friend will be stopping by later today to see if he can do some fix to help with Dead Space 1. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play some more.

Carn if he (or she?) "fixes" it, please do share the trick with us. I'm not going to try that game if controls are an irreparable bad port.

Well, he fixed it about an hour ago, hasn't frozen on me since, nor has the mouse returned to its super slow state. I don't know exactly what he did, but he went in my nivida driver program, found Dead Space on my computer, and made some change that only affects this game. He said turning vsync on at some point so I'm guessing maybe that was the fix?

Vsync on, okay. I'll do that when I try the game in next few days. Currently am on AoW3.
Thanks! I admit I usually don't switch that on or off but leave the default setting…

Tell him if we ever met I owe him a coffee. Well… At least.
Oh and to you too, of course. :)

Well, I couldn't even be bothered to finish one playthru of D3 but after the new expansion I gotta tell you I ran my monk try the last three acts last weekend. I love adventure mode. However once Sunday arrived I am now completely locked in on ESO.

oh shit, ESO is out! I need to get that installed. I've been in Vegas burning money since saturday. One of my tabletop gaming buddies wants me to join his guild, and i have a strange hesitation about that. I dont think I've ever known anyone "in RL", so to speak, that was a member of a guild i was in.

Settled into Okami for a while, still love the game. I think everyone should play it

Top 5 reasons you need to play Okami HD

Installed non-Steam Satinav's Chains. Finally. Though, this week is the last weekl of Season 1 in SWTOR PvP, so I'll rather play that this week still ...

Taking a week or two off from games, but when I play again I have a choice of:

Myst
Alice: Madness Returns
Farming Manager

Which would you try first?

Well, in spite of having a massive backlog … I dumped a few hours each into Two Worlds and Divine Divinity this weekend.

You are starting to play the original Two worlds and Divine Divinity right now? Wows, its been about 5 years since I played them.

Pics or it didn't happen.

And short reviews of both are required!

You are starting to play the original Two worlds and Divine Divinity right now? Wows, its been about 5 years since I played them.

Pics or it didn't happen.

And short reviews of both are required!

Um ... that was a while ago ... :)

And both were replays anyway. I played Two Worlds on release and reviewed it then, and DivDiv I played about a year after it came out - and several times since, and have done reviews as well. DivDiv is one of my all-time faves, Two Worlds I enjoy more than I should ;)

Just starting Age of Wonders III ... now to find some time!

Playing Neo Scavenger (which came with the recent Humble Bundle). It is a rouge like game where you start by assigning a limited number of character traits and skills from a wide range of available skills (e.g. melee, strong, electrical, mechanic, medic .. etc.) and then the game begins.

Your characters wakes up in a cryo-chamber where the world has changed. You start with nothing and has to scavenge surroundings (woods, buildings, sheds, cars .. etc) to find clothes (you start with patient garment), shelter, food, water, heating, medicene, weapons and so on. You have crafting as well.

It is very realistic and the scavenging part is done to high detail, for example you can't just 'pick up' water from lakes, you have to find a bottle first and then put the water in. YOu will need to keep warm with clothes and otherwise (i.e. crafting fire) to avoid hypothermia.

It is turn-based: so your movement and actions over a hex grid each take a single turn. At night, the grid is not visible (unless you have night vision googles). Combat is also turn-based as there will be many "BadMatha" that will try to kill and loot you, but you can defend yourself in many ways (using ranged and melee weapons). You can also reason with npc as you have the option.

The atmosphere is well done; grim, raining sometimes, there is strong urge for survival as all conditions are againsts you, and you feel very happy once you find a plastic bag to put your loot in, or new pair of trousers, or some clean cloths for your wounds!

Well thought of and very detailed scavenging/rpg game, and addictive.

Downsides, 2 for me:
1) its a flash game
2) the user interface need refinement and it takes some perma-deaths to get used it.

An indie gem, and highly recommended (you can grab it now from the humble bundle as pay what you want).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom