Dead Space movie announced.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
the question 'why' comes to mind. let's hope it won't be as bad as Doom.

the question 'why' comes to mind.

I think it's obvious, they would like to cash in further on a successful name.

Another reason is that Dead Space had the type of setting and story that could translate well to a movie... if done correctly.

let's hope it won't be as bad as Doom.

Yes, Doom was terrible.

I think it's obvious, they would like to cash in further on a successful name.

Another reason is that Dead Space had the type of setting and story that could translate well to a movie... if done correctly.

Yes, Doom was terrible.

The article does not mention Uwe Böll as director. So there is hope.

The game started off great and even approached something like System Shock during its peak - around level 4 or something - but I was pretty disappointed after that point, and the story was not very fulfilling.

That said, I adored the atmosphere and if done right, the movie could be really cool. Event Horizon done right, is kind of what I'm thinking :)

the question 'why' comes to mind. let's hope it won't be as bad as Doom.

Why do they do all of these things - remake things that were mediocre, make game tie-ins for movies that are almost invariably lousy, make game movies in general ... as JDR said, money.

The game started off great and even approached something like System Shock during its peak - around level 4 or something - but I was pretty disappointed after that point, and the story was not very fulfilling.

I didn't think the game ever approached SS, but I did enjoy it to the very end. Any sequel will be a definite purchase for me.

There was two prequels that was released to Dead Space before the game. The first was cut up in episodes and showed the planet before things happened to it. The second is a cartoon that deal with the starship Dead Space takes place in before things happened there.

I didn't think the game ever approached SS, but I did enjoy it to the very end. Any sequel will be a definite purchase for me.

Well, you're right, and approach IS a broad term ;)

But still, that's the game I was thinking of during the peak of gameplay - or more specifically SS2.

There was two prequels that was released to Dead Space before the game. The first was cut up in episodes and showed the planet before things happened to it. The second is a cartoon that deal with the starship Dead Space takes place in before things happened there.

I have Dead Space: Downfall on DVD, it's quite good, and it does a great job of setting up the game.

today i saw the animated movie Dead Space - Downfall, which is a prequel to the game. quite an atmospheric movie, unfolding the events through the eyes of the ship's security chief Alissa Vincent. in fact, the movie ends with the space shuttle carrying Isaac Clarke trying to dock into the bigger ship.

Back
Top Bottom