Avencast - Review @ Avencast

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN has kicked up a review of Avencast and the text probably reads better than the 7/10 score, with praise for mixing RPG, action and adventure elements but an underwhelming story and average visuals:
Completing the trio of genres here is the adventure puzzle segments. You don't always expect puzzles in an action-RPG, and certainly not ones that put you to the test (or to the forums) as much as in Avencast. While figuring out how to operate the machines in the Planetarium or put your magical imprint on your special glowing crystal could be very frustrating, it was also really nice to have something outside of the dodging, spell launching, and staff wielding to accomplish.

The well-rounded gameplay is complemented decently by the sound and graphics. Instead of not really noticing the music at all, I found it to be actually sort of good, and mood-fitting. The battle theme seems to come in with its fat staccatos at a slightly higher volume for an extra alert. Voice acting is pretty consistently good, even if the dialogue is sort of bland.
More information.

Wow, average visuals? I found this action RPG had much nicer graphics than most of the current diablo style games, Titan Quest and actually any I can think of atm.
In regard to story it's certainly not great but it's hard to think of any of these diablo style games as having great stories, even diablo itself story is pretty underwhelming, so I guess I would have given it a better score.

Back
Top Bottom