Diablo 3 - +100% Bonus Experience Event

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
To celebrate the Holidays Blizzard is holding a +100% Bonus Experience Event.

LA8XUYYGXGFB1418783850753.jpg

Get ready to deck the hells with a few extra experience points.

That's right! All nephalem who log into Diablo III this weekend on any platform* will receive a +100% bonus to experience gain. As with previous buffs, the bonus provided will stack multiplicatively with other existing bonuses, including those provided by items, shrines, Pools of Reflection, and Paragon points.

Doesn't matter if you've been naughty or nice! This festive in-game boost begins for console and PC players alike in the Americas region on Thursday, December 25 at 12:00 a.m. PST and ends on Monday, December 29 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
More information.

How about shutting down D3 servers and making a proper Diablo game.

I have tried D3 twice,just couldn't get into it.Shutting down the servers prolly not going to happen....

Hmm. I never understood these sorts of "buffs" in games.

Isn't part of the fun slowly leveling, savoring every level as you go?

In Lord of the Rings: Online, I actually bought an experience blocker that reduced all XP gain to zero. I told people this and they thought I was nuts! Why would you limit your experience gain? Everyone in my kin would say that and tell me how they are going as fast as they can to reach max level.

I just never understood that. I'd rather experience the content than level up super fast.

I personally limited the XP so I can do quests in areas without overleveling them all. Apparently I am in a small minority of players who think this is a good idea.

But hey, to each their own and all that. :)

Seems like I'm in the minority quite a bit these days.

I recently replayed Diablo 3 including Reaper of Souls after I had finished the game once last year before all the loot 2.0 patches and when there was still an auction house.
There is a huge difference between the Diablo 3 of 2013 and the Diablo 3 of today. It is actually really good fun now and feels like a proper sequel to Diablo 2.
For example, in 2013, IIRC I got exactly one (ONE!) legendary (orange) item on my 'Normal' playthrough and else only grey, blue and yellow stuff.
Now everything up to and including orange is dropping quite frequently. The loot hunt is finally fun and rewarding again. Same goes for gems which are dropping a lot now so it's fun collecting and combining them.

My only major complaint would have to be the balancing. They might as well call 'Normal' the 'Retard' mode. We're seriously at the point now where you could let your cat finish the game.
I played the new Crusader class and I can not remember losing more than 20% health even once in the first four acts.
And in the new RoS Act V, I believe it was only the final boss that caused my health to dip to critical levels for a couple seconds. It was the ONLY time in my entire playthrough that I had to push the 'Q' button to chug a potion.
The game is WAY too easy on 'Normal'. There is absolutely zero challenge.
I would have played on 'Hard' but the description next to 'Hard' says it's only for characters with some high level gear from a previous playthrough on 'Normal' so 'Hard' is probably too hard for a new character.

Not sure what Blizzard were thinking here... I mean, sure, console players are retards but, come on, they're not that retarded... :biggrin:

You think it is a proper sequel even though it has been gutted character build wise?

I actually used the opportunity to get my third character from 30 to 70 in a couple of hours. Now my trio is complete.

I still miss the look and feel of the first two games though. In adventure mode when the rift guardian appears everything gets really dark around your character for a few seconds. And that looks a lot like I remembered the visibility in Diablo 1. Much more atmospheric that way.

How about shutting down D3 servers and making a proper Diablo game.
Must…resist…urge…to…scream…out…PATH OF EXILE! PATH.OF.EXILE. It blows away anything Blizzard could even dream of designing.

…too bad Path of Exile is horribly coded and suffers near-constant desync…but the brilliant gameplay is worth it! Resist D3 and embrace POE.

Speaking of POE, I need to go do my daily quests for fun and profit!

I do need to go back to it. Thing is I have too much fun trying out different builds, and take advantage of all the loot that I haven't got past act I.

Just checked out the Path of Exile page. That's one hell of a skill tree! Downloading as we speak.

Back
Top Bottom