Original Sin - Update 1.0.47 Released

I'm still clueless should I start a new game or continue with the current one.

Meanwhile I've found a great hint on Steam, do not open if you don't want to get heavily spoiled:
Trick: Pick up locked chests
This has multiple benefits:
1) You can store these chest somewhere near a waypoint and open them once your lockpicking level is high enough
2) This is much faster than trying to lockpick them right where they are in case the place is being guarded.
3) Opening this chest also no longer counts as a criminal activity.

In the bug department I think I've switched places compared to Skyrim. When Skyrim was released I experienced bug after bug pretty early on. I'd come to message boards and state my case and I was met with apparently most people saying they were having no problems.

With D:OS, I'm happily in that position, at least so far. I haven't experienced a single bug (that I'm aware of) and no crashes. Steam reports I'm 8 hours in. With Skyrim I experienced my first bug within the 1st hour.

That all said, I think I will shelve D:OS for now. I'm going to do a 'Seinfield' and stop while the game is on top. I'm convinced D:OS is, at the very least, my personal game of the year and as such, I need to read the manual first - and since I haven't gotten my boxed edition yet, I have to wait for that.

Swen: 160.000 copies already sold

The industry and consumers have been rewarding pretty eye candy with shallow gameplay for a very long time. Larian has performed admirably on every level I can think of and my wish is that this game is both critically acclaimed and a financial success.

Wonder what license he's referring to for his next game? AD&D?

This news made me happy. I hope Larian will earn millions of dollars of profit with D:OS to make us new, hardcore RPGs.

It sure is. Joxer must be blinded by the smoke :)

Arrgh. Not by the smoke but by the goddamned job, I'm so dizzy lately after all the pressure.
:(

I just downloaded 1.051 from Steam.

Besides, I'm having several bugs with loading & saving - the game simply seems to stop working.
I usually quit it with ALT + F after several minutes odf clear inactivity and then restart the game - seems to work (and yes, it's still Windows XP ...)

I've seen more reports on the matter both on Steam and on Larian forum. And it's not XP only problem, just spotted one post where a player has the same problem on Win8.

In the meantime GOG added 1.047 update in the download list - I won't be applying it.

I just downloaded 1.051 from Steam.

Besides, I'm having several bugs with loading & saving - the game simply seems to stop working.
I usually quit it with ALT + F after several minutes odf clear inactivity and then restart the game - seems to work (and yes, it's still Windows XP …)

I think it is a problem with 32 bit system memory. I have dual-boot in my system (Win 8.1 64 bit and WinVista Sp2 32 bit). I installed the game on Win64 then try it on Win32. A warning screen occured (warning about instabilities) when graphics were above medium level. Also there were some stuttering in Win32.

I think that Ultima would be a good guess ... just look at how well DOS looks and behaves like for example Ultima VII !

I'm in the "no bugs" camp thankfully. The one issue I had, repeating city banter, they fixed in latest patch so have to say I'm happy as a friggin' clam. And the toolset looks wondrous. My significant other and I are already hard at work on our first mod. Congrats Larian on a great launch!

Maybe Drakensang?

I doubt it's a really popular license like TDE (DSA) or AD&D. It would be a nightmare to work through all of the legalities considering the amount of parties with a stake and interest in those franchises and I don't believe that Swen is a big fan of dealing with all kinds of legal bullshit after Larian Studios' troubled history (especially with regard to TDE/DSA).
Nah. It's probably a rather unknown license or a long abandoned license where there's a minimal risk of legal entanglements.

Well as I've hit the ending part of Cyseal I've noticed several quest related bugs that were problem areas during the beta too though they were fixable by reloading.

Edit: And patch .51 still hasn't fixed the loading bug I've encountered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom