Paradox Interactive - Lineup for Gamescom 2014

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Paradox Interactive has announced their game lineup for Gamescom 2014. The best part of the news is Pillar of Eternity will be playable at the convention.

Lineup for Gamescom 2014

Meet the Paradox Development Studio Devs in Person at Fan Gathering 2014 in Cologne!

STOCKHOLM — July 8, 2014 — Paradox Interactive today announced the catalog of games that would be on display – and playable by attendees – at the Gamescom trade show in Cologne, Germany on August 13-17, 2014. Featuring recently announced titles and impending releases such as Runemaster and Obsidian Entertainment’s Pillars of Eternity, Paradox will be demonstrating and sharing their biggest games with Gamescom visitors, as well as announcing a few never-before-seen titles at the show.

Titles to be shown at Gamescom include:

- Pillars of Eternity – available to play on the show floor
- Runemaster – available to play on the show floor
- Magicka 2
- Hearts of Iron IV
- Secret projects we can’t talk about just yet

Paradox will be publicly showcasing Hearts of Iron IV, the highly anticipated World War II strategy war-game, for the first time ever in a live demonstration during Fan Gathering 2014, an annual event where Paradox Development Studio fans and devs alike can commingle and plot world domination together. Fan Gathering 2014 will take place in Cologne on August 14, 2014.

Fan Gathering 2014 will also play host to a guest panel of Paradox personnel, including CEO Fred Wester and Paradox Development Studio veteran Johan Andersson, which will be moderated by popular YouTuber Quill18. Hear banter on developing strategy games, ask Fred embarrassing questions about his love of karaoke, or just stare intently into Johan’s deep blue eyes. For more information on how you can attend Fan Gathering 2014, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/fancon-2014.
More information.

Am I the only one who is more excited about Runemaster than Pillars of Eternal Shit?

Answer: yes.

Am I the only one who never heard about Mageslayer Runemaster?

Answer: no.

Am I the only one who never heard about Mageslayer Runemaster?

Answer: no.

It's been in several articles here in the forums.
It's basically a more RPG oriented King's Bounty, with randomized worlds and quests, with 2 different 'main quest lines' (to either stop Ragnarok or bring Ragnarok). You move around the map like in KB, with a tactical turn based combat like in KB, the difference is that you are actually a unit in the map, and your 'pieces' come in squads.

As for the Lineup, I hope they reveal their 3rd big project they said they'd be working on about 8 months ago (the other two were revealed to be Hearts of Iron 4 and Runemaster). I'm hoping it's a Dark Ages game, covering the barbarian invasions in the early middle ages, so they can later bring Rome 2. But maybe it's some other crazy shit like a space game which I wouldn't be as much interested in.

My one fear about runemaster is that it will be a DLC cluster fuck; since paradox loves DLC. I hope they just sell the full game and be done with it. With warlock2 they added a paradox in game store (ala mobile); which I find insanely offensive.

My one fear about runemaster is that it will be a DLC cluster fuck; since paradox loves DLC. I hope they just sell the full game and be done with it. With warlock2 they added a paradox in game store (ala mobile); which I find insanely offensive.

I don't mind Paradox's DLCs at all, but then again those are strategy games that I replay time and time again, so each DLC brings a fresh experience for the next run. That's not the case with RPGs, as I only play them once, maybe in this case twice. Also you mention Warlock but that's not a Paradox game, they just publish it (just like they published Mount & Blade and will publish Pillars of Eternity).

You mention a fear, but instead I have the contrary, a hope, because Paradox games are notoriously mod-friendly (see Game of Thrones mod for CK2 for example), so I'm hoping if there's a good mod community for it, we could get entire campaigns made by people very soon.

Back
Top Bottom