Van Helsing - Livestream Tonight at 9:00 EST

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing launches on Steam on May 22, 2013, and GamingNexus has a two hour gameplay session of the game live on Twich.tv. Keep in my mind were I live it's still May 9th for at least 8 more hrs.
Beginning at 9:00 EST tonight, we’ll be streaming a two hour gameplay session of the game live on Twich.tv. I am going to build a new character, from scratch and give you some insight on the first couple hours of the game. We’ll be fielding questions in the chat section of the feed as well and will do our best to answer them. Come check it out tonight!

More information.

You can watch the videos that were recorded just click the link and chose videos. It's the button next to chat. There should be three of them.

Informative video even though the player plays for himself and not for exhibiting game features.

Was interested in the game for the potentiality of NPCs. Seems there is only one. AI does not deliver. In tank mode, getting a NPC to drag behind is not the way. Maybe there is a command to get the npc to charge so it can control aggro better?
Approaching mobs, waiting for the NPC to move from behind to join the fray and moving the PC back will get old very fast in my case.

In my case NPC behaves exactly as I think it should (is set on melee and is tanking since I'm using guns) and is doing it fine. I'm not sure can you order her to go into some sort of exploration mode you want to have but honestly I don't see the necessity of it.

What I don't like is clickfest - there is no autoattack so for every single basic hit you need to click. Clicky, clicky.

Does the NPC behave the same as in the video?

In the video, you must close the mob enough to trigger a pursuit movement from the NPC and then, fall back to take shots.

Tank not leading the line is barely an adequate behaviour for a tank.

The configuration shown in the video is suitable if the PC plays a tank and the NPC plays as a distance damager.

There should be a command to order the NPC to charge in.

All I can say is that your sidekick won't run into killable mobs (some are nonaggressive) like NWN Tommy (IIRC that was the name of the "we made the most idiotic AI ever") automatically.

Back
Top Bottom