No flyers?

malcontent333

Traveler
Have all the flyers been disabled? If they are, is there a way to turn them back on? The flyers, along with the other vehicles, were one of the deciding factors to pick this game up and it's more than a little irritating that I can't steal a chopper.

Have all the flyers been disabled?

No, you can still buy or get one like originally intended. In the released game you could steal everything which was a big exploit and has been fixed by the official 1.1 patch.

Than the big question why they have disabled the flyers and whatever lift to the air at all, guess it was after the 1.1 patch? even do the mission at Reandore to spy and photograph the secret meeting refers to a flyer but the guy doesn't give so the key- Wesp5 as the expert, can you enable the flyer key like there are gate keys for the electrical fences?

Attachments

• Precursors 2011-09-08 17-32-22-16.jpg
    Precursors 2011-09-08 17-32-22-16.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 58
That's what prompted my original post. The npcs make multiple references to flyers and flyer repairmen but no one sells them and no one gives out keys.

Even the mission at Reandore to spy and photograph the secret meeting refers to a flyer but the guy doesn't give the key...

Tell me the name of the guy and I'll try to do something. Is this an Imperial mission? How would one be supposed to take pictures from a flyer anyway? You wouldn't be able to select your camera! Maybe I should just change his reference to the flyer instead?

I''l try and get you his name soon if someone else doesn't. Yes, it is an imperial mission. He doesn't tell you to take pictures from the flyer, he tells you to use it for fast travel that's safer than walking/driving

that makes PC so boring at the other end, at WG you could fly everything and here not, ok at Reandore it will be a short flight prior they shut you down but I guess the restricted maps could be the reason either, not sure about that but it is an itch to scratch for flying all those nice machines though and making the game much more valuable. the prison area isn't solely a flyer landing place but rather was designed for you space-ship but as we know it from the alpha version that is was cut-out in the final.

ok at Reandore it will be a short flight prior they shut you down but I guess the restricted maps could be the reason either, not sure about that but it is an itch to scratch for flying all those nice machines though

I think it makes sense that you can't use flyers on Goldin and Gli, but in my playthrough with version 1.0 I flew a lot of flyers on Reandore. Are you saying you can't use flyers ever there now? This must be a bug or something…

Could be a bug or they just have locked it with the patch, I really have invested a lot of time to roam around and looking for some option to get the flyer or heli key but I regret that I couldn't make it, so it is understandable that this frustrates, seen so many youtube movies with those flyers and helis but at the end final release we're just walkers, understandable that this sucks after a while. at the alpha release it is possible to lockpick or even obtain the key but as we've learned this version is incomplete.

I really have invested a lot of time to roam around and looking for some option to get the flyer or heli key...

There is a lot of dialogue about buying flyers, isn't this possible with version 1.1?

Not for me, anything what can fly at any planet cannot be lockpicked and always it refers to the flyer key, so no key- no fly, simple but a sorry fact which drops this version far below of WG where you could enjoy more freedom- hoping for someone to have the clue or even better that you could iron away this error and make the flyers accessible?

hoping for someone to have the clue or even better that you could iron away this error and make the flyers accessible?

If someone would help me figure out how a flyer key should work, I would do this.

If someone would help me figure out how a flyer key should work, I would do this.
In White Gold you need a key to use certain vehicles and that key must be in your inventory. I guess this works the same in The Precursors.
Wesp5, are you able to find keys for flyers in the game? If yes, maybe put them in a container nearby?

Wesp5, are you able to find keys for flyers in the game?

There are three flyer keys in the TP object list, one of which is labeled to be for Kara's flyer. Is that working at least? Who else is promising a flyer key to you? Some other unlabled keys may be for flyers too, but it would take trial and error to find out which one works on which vehicle.

If yes, maybe put them in a container nearby?

I don't know how to place an item into a normal container, I was lucky this worked in the prison. But you could all help me by providing saved games with a NPC talking about you using a flyer nearby and the flyer too. As long as you haven't spoken to them I could then change their dialogue until I get the right key.

There is a flyer in the traders camp at Reandore, searched, but haven't found anyone referring to flyers. I vaguely remember someone saying "take that flyer", but can't reproduce it with my old saves. :(

There are 2 attack flyers in Camp 5. The buggy mechanic says that the other mechanic <name?> can fix flyers. Don't know which NPC he meant. There was a mechanic in the canteen, but he didn't have a talk option. That's all I've found.

Wesp5- I assume that you're right with suspecting a bug, it does not make a sense at all with V1.1- I tried it way long enough on all planets and talking to everyone but obtaining the flyer key and enjoying free roam in the air similar like in WG remains for a mystery.
Sure thing that this came with the patch as suspected- I can't tell you how a flyer key works but it seems to be same like a gate key/ door key, just the matter of an activation. I again started playing the old version, it suppose to be 1.0 but in the main folder there is a note for V1.1, so not sure if that is patched already but I can use the flyer at Goldin starport from the first moment- ok e.g. I can land at the prison but nothing to do / access there. it doesn't matter if the flyers are really for any use but at least you have the freedom and fun to fly around like with WG. So question- what did make the patch that all the flyers are deactivated and can it be corrected?

I again started playing the old version, it suppose to be 1.0 but in the main folder there is a note for V1.1, so not sure if that is patched already but I can use the flyer at Goldin starport from the first moment- ok

I guess this is what they intended to fix and then the accidentally locked every other flyer too. As far as I remember it was possible to use all locked buggys in 1.0 as well, which has been fixed in 1.1. But at least you can buy and get several buggys.

Just to check this issue out, has someone of you a saved game under 1.1 on Reandore?

Wesp5- that is correct, some buggies are usable, some others by missions, the rest not at all but there you have the option to by them / tri/ quad- whatever except the trucks.

To Version 1.0 - Now I do understand the reason why the flyers are locked (maybe that is the reason) - take the flyer at goldin starport and fly westerly- soon you'll leave the official borders and come into a nowhere land, tiger stripes at minimap, no map at full view- at far distance you can see some trees (first thought to be back to WG :)) after you get closer - surprise - welcome to gli (behind the walls) but you can get over it at some points w/o crashing, so much easier than taking your spaceship with hyperjump hehe, I could see the union base and the clatz-guys, so I do guess that all planets can be accessed on the same way, just a matter of flying around and locking for the surfaces and maybe even your 2 mentioned lost planets are there too, that would be a great thing, I'll check it further- see photos.
What do you need to know from V1.1 at Reandore?

Attachments

• Precursors 2011-10-07 11-46-30-08.jpg
    Precursors 2011-10-07 11-46-30-08.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Precursors 2011-10-11 16-21-21-91.jpg
    Precursors 2011-10-11 16-21-21-91.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Precursors 2011-10-11 16-24-24-55.jpg
    Precursors 2011-10-11 16-24-24-55.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 23
  • Precursors 2011-10-11 17-25-58-22.jpg
    Precursors 2011-10-11 17-25-58-22.jpg