The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

No Shroud this week. We have to give the Old Man a break once in a while or he'll get fussy. Not too many things worse than a fussy old man.

My debug is looking worse and worse all the time. I might not get home before session time. If I'm not there by a few minutes after start time, assume I'm out for the week and do whatever y'all like without me (catch up Corwin and Reywind on the 6's?). As I mentioned a few posts up, even if I do make it home in time, I'll have to bail early (around 3 hours in) so I can get up at O-dark-hundred Saturday. If there are specific requests, speak up, otherwise we'll go with the plan I spelled out above.

Here are the XP Shrine prices.

This is the EXP shrine

Shrine of Experience I ----- 95 ASTRAL SHARDS
Shrine of Experience II ---- 195 ASTRAL SHARDS
Shrine of Experience III --- 325 ASTRAL SHARDS
Shrine of Experience IV --- 400 ASTRAL SHARDS
Shrine of Experience V ---- 495 ASTRAL SHARDS

Total ---------------------- 1510 ASTRAL SHARDS

But someone had the entire list:

No plat version. And you can't just buy the 5% Shrine, you have to do an upgrade path.

So we need to stockpile the old shrines.

Here's all the amenities prices. In other words, completely insane.

Arcane Sanctum: 140k plat
Archery Range: 120k plat
Archwizard: 195k plat
Armory: 125k plat
Bash the Breakable Cargo Bay: 180k plat
Bath House: 70k plat
Black Abbot's Shadow: 165k plat
Chronoscope: 60k plat
Collegium of the Twelve: 175k plat
Concert Hall: 190k plat
Crusader's Chapel: 135k plat
Fencing Master: 215k plat
Floating Rock Garden: 75k plat
Game Hunter: 210k plat
Grandmaster's Dojo: 160k plat
Green Steel Crafting Hall: 200k plat
Hag Apothecary: 225k plat
Ninja Assassin: 220k plat
Old Sully's Grog Cellar: 85k plat
Paradoxical Puzzle Box: 80k plat
Proving Ground: 170k plat
Shrine to the Devourer I: 50k + II: 350k + III: 475k + IV: 650k = 1,525,000 plat
Sign of the Silver Flame I: 50k + II: 325k + III: 450k + IV: 625k = 1,450,000 plat
Stormreaver Memorial I: 50k + II: 400k + III: 550k + IV: 700k = 1,700,000 plat
Tactical Training Room: 105k plat
Three Finger Thad's: 50k plat
Trapsmith's Workshop: 145k plat
Wild Grove: 155k plat

Banquet Hall: 75 AS
Cannith Crafting Hall: 125 AS
Danger Room: 180 AS
Farshifter's Chambers: 90 AS
Forbidden Library: 195 AS
Grand Reliquary I: 180 + II: 275 + III: 325 + IV: 395 = 1175 AS
Otto's Irresistable Dancehall: 180 AS
Sellsword's Tavern: 150 AS
Shrine of Experience I: 95 + II: 195 + III: 325 + IV: 400 + V: 495 = 1510 AS
The Orien Express: 60 AS
Throne Room: 180 AS

I don't know why they try to leverage people. If they're looking for a cash grab, sell more monster manuals. There are plenty of things they can sell that people will actually buy. I don't have a problem with them making some money. I do have some heartburn with getting leveraged. Why piss off the majority of your user base?

Do we need to buy any ammenity contracts today?

Ok, the update is tomorrow … do we need to buy contracts for say the resistance shrines, or anything else today? & if so, how do we divide it up? Who's buying what, so we don't end up with 100 cold shrine contracts & no fire shrine contracts?

Has anyone already bought some contracts?

And, do we need to empty the guild chest today? If so, I suggest you login & get what you want out of it, as what's left by tonight will probably get sold.

The old ship buffs we need to get are the following:
* Acid resistance
* Cold resistance
* Electric resistance
* Fire resistance
* Sonic resistance
* +4% XP shrine
* Guild chest

Please post here the old amenities you have stockpiled and how many

I've had a look at the new amenities and what we can do.

We can get the Daedalean Glaive ship. It will give us 4 large + 16 small amenities.

For the large ones I suggest we get the following:
1. Bathhouse (+10% healing amp, 15hp unconscious)
2. Collegium of the Twelve
3. Proving grounds
4A. House Cannith Crafting hall (will be stationed most of the time)
4B. Greensteel crafting (can be activated by parking the house C crafting hall. Then you do your GS crafting and retrieve the house C crafting again). You need to be an officer to do this, but we all are

This means we only drop the Grand Relinquary. This is a very expensive astral shard buff (all elemental buffs), but you can get them separately with plat instead.

Collegium of the twelve gives 4 small buffs:
Arcane Sanctum (+25 SP, + 1 spell pen, +1 enchantment save)
Crusader's chapel (+15 positive / negative spell power)
Trapsmith's workshop (+5% fort bypass)
Wild grove (+2 wild empathy, +3 stats all summons)

Proving grounds give 4 small buffs:
Archery Range (+2% double shot)
Armory (+6 AC, +15 fort)
Grandmaster's Dojo (+2 will save)
Tactical Training room (+6 dmg on crits, +1 DC trip, sunder etc. +2 hit)

Last edited:
For the small ones I suggest the following

1-3 Stat buffs:
Floating rock gardens (+2 charisma +2 wisdom)
Sully's grog cellar (+2 strength +2 constitution)
Paradoxical puzzle box (+2 dexterity +2 intelligence)

4-6 elemental buffs (we should be able to get tier 2):
Sign of the Silver Flame (fire)
Sign of the Devourer (acid + cold)
Stormreaver Memorial (electric + sonic)

7-8 Tavern / bank:
The Orien Express (bank, mailbox, auctioneer)
Sellsword tavern (hireling vendor, +3 all hireling stats)

9-10 Fast travel:
The Chronoscope (+40% movement in towns, +3 reflex)
The farshifter (access to many wilderness areas)

11 Spells
Archwizard (+1 DC)

12-13 Skills
Danger room (disable, open, search, hide, spot)
Forbidden library (concentration, heal, repair, spellcraft, UMD)

14 HP
Hag's Apothecary (+20 HP, + 1 some saves)

15 defense
Fencing master (+2% max dodge, +2% max armor dex bonus)

16 dps
Ninja assassin (+0.25W dmg, +6 dmg when flanking)

The small buffs we don't get then are:

XP shrine
Very expensive with astral shards. We get the same by stocking up on old amenity buffs. Later we might swap in the XP shrine. Maybe we get amenity buff in chest rewards (U23 or later).

Banquet Hall (regenerates mana and hp for 1 minute). Requires astral shards. Not much is known about this buff. Is it only when you're inside the airship?

Bash the breakable's hold (+1 level for chest rewards). Could be interesting. Then we need to swap out something else.

Black abbot's shadow (+1 turn attempt, +1 lay on hands, + 1 save vs evil). Other buffs are probably useful for more classes. Seems to be most usable by clerics and paladins.

Concert hall (+1 save vs enchantment, +1 bard song, +1 action boost). Could be a posibility if the action boost affects all classes.

Guild vault. Nice to have, but broken at the moment. So might swap in later

Otto's irresistable hall (+3 balance, jump, tumble, move silently, swim, perform). Nice buff, but costs 180 astral shards. Can be added later when we have more shards or get the buff from a guild chest

Three finger's thad (general vendor + tavern). Get the same done with the sellsword tavern. The latter has hireling vendors that suit us much better. So pretty useless to us. Mainly used for very low level guilds I think.

Throne room (+3 bluff, diplomacy, intimidate, haggle, listen). Nice buff, but price is 180 astral shards. So better to wait until we get the buff as a reward or have saved up enough shards to get it.

I picked up 20 4% XP Shrines, 15 each of the Greater Acid, Fire, Cold, and Electrical Shrines.

Ultimately, I'm not as concerned about the Sonic Shrine since Sonic damage is rather rare in general, and the main effect to worry about is the CC, especially the stun on Soundburst since it's upgrade.

Can we stay with a version of the current ship without paying more? We just purchased it a few months ago. I for one do not currently have the astral shards to contribute to a new ship.

I will see if I can purchase the same shrines that azraelck did. Will that be the equivalent of 1 month per contract? I understand that Turbine will eventually phase out the old amenities ... will that take us beyond that time frame?

While the new ship prices are actually reasonable, I see no reason to upgrade when we will have basically everything on this ship already. Why spend money (even fake money) for no gain?

And I will not contribute ANY AS to amenities. Most are the same things we buy for plat now, and should be able to continue to purchase for plat. I will run without buffs first.

You focus on getting the buffs with plats and then I focus on the stuff with shards. Then we get all we want. I still have plenty of shards. So you don't need to worry about the ship.

I noticed the plat price is a bit more 3180k since the elemental shrines can to be upgraded to tier 2. The price for tier 2 is quite high (about 350k pr. buff). If plat is too much initially we can get the tier 1 of the elemental buffs since we have the old elemental buffs. They only cost 50k per buff. Then we can get the tier 2 for each later.

Ok, what about stuff like navigator? Is that now included in captain?

I don't have room to store more than a few each of the resistance shrines, unfortunately, so someone else will need to do so. I have purchase Two additional guild chests instead. I know have the following contracts:

3 guild chests
15 ea 4% XP shrines
5 ea Acid, Fire & Electric shrines
6 ea Cold shrine

Yes and no. You need the farshifter to unlock teleporting to quest areas like Meridia. That is why we get that amenity. Once it's added then the captain will take you to all the places.

Otherwise the captain will only take you to one of the houses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom