IGN - 20 Most Anticipated for 2012

Dhruin

SasqWatch
IGN asks their editors to choose their most anticipated games for 2012, resulting in a list of 20 games across a variety of platforms. A handful of RPG / RPG-ish games made the cut, such as Reckoning:
Ryan Clements: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning launches on February 7th. Now only weeks away, this massive RPG shows more promise than most other games hitting the market this year. It glitters with loot and gold, it carries magnificent lore penned by R.A. Salvatore, and it hammers the player with battles steeped in strategy. There is no greater joy than exploring a new, fantastical world with a character of your creation, fateless and shrouded in magic.
More information.

Only game on the list I have any interest in is Koa.

No risen 2, hitman absolution, Max Payne 3 or metro last light. Unless these are slipping out of 2012.

Risen 2 and Kings Bounty Warriors of the North would be the two I will buy as soon as they are released, though neither made the IGN list. I will probably get the Last of Us at some point as I have liked Naughty Dog's Uncharted series. I just got the demo today of KoA so will see if that interests me after trying it.

Avernum > all of those. Reckoning will keep me amused for a bit, but I plan on playing Avernum about 4-5 times, easily. I almost bought a Mac for that game!

-Carn

Back
Top Bottom