Skyrim - Dawnguard Trailer

That's one thing that really has me puzzled. If you blot out the sun then…

… plants and vegetation die off…

… animals have nothing to eat and die off…

… people have nothing to eat and die off…

… vampires have no blood to drink and… I guess, they die off?

Meh. I'm reading too much into this. It's a videogame. Maybe blotting out the sun can just be 'fun' and doesn't have to be realistic.

The "sun" in this case not actually a celestial body comprised of helium and hydrogen, but simply a hole in the veil of Oblivion which allows the light of Aetherius to shine through. (Aetherius is the plane which is the origin of all magic and arcane arts.)

I'm not sure how photosynthesis works in the Elder Scrolls game world, but it's probably very different from our world.

Some user on NeoGaf posted info found in GameInformer about Dawnguard.

Vampire Lord and Werewolf get their own perk trees! (GameJam stuff actually)
They are adding a barber in Riften (some mods just go competition!)
They added new shouts too, but I hope there is a few new magic spells as well (not mentioned).

Some user on NeoGaf posted info found in GameInformer about Dawnguard.

Vampire Lord and Werewolf get their own perk trees! (GameJam stuff actually)
They are adding a barber in Riften (some mods just go competition!)
They added new shouts too, but I hope there is a few new magic spells as well (not mentioned).
Thanks for the info!Really looking forward to this.

The whole 'blotting out the sun' talk sounds like fun, hopefully it will have an impact on the main storyline.I kinda dislike most DLC/Expansions that just add one area and nothing more, especially when its cut-off from the rest of the world.I remember Bloodmoon and the endless fun I had while playing as a werewolf throughout the entire game. :)

Thanks for the info!Really looking forward to this.

The whole 'blotting out the sun' talk sounds like fun, hopefully it will have an impact on the main storyline.I kinda dislike most DLC/Expansions that just add one area and nothing more, especially when its cut-off from the rest of the world.I remember Bloodmoon and the endless fun I had while playing as a werewolf throughout the entire game. :)

Bloodmoon is still my favorite expansion for any game ... had so much fun with that. Course I was high on Morrowind at the time so it had a lot of positive emotion attached to it.

Dawnguard sounds way fun. New werewolf improvements - going to consider a Werewolf Lord and Ranger of the Hunt in the DLC. Add in a wolf companion (mod), the Ring of Hircine (for RP flavor) and the new perks ... I can hunt vampires like I am in Underworld! :)

Will have to be careful in the Dawnguard as a Werewolf also avoiding the Silver Hand. Anyhow looking forward to this.

I guess I will have to wait an extra month to drive a stake through the heart of exclusive DLC..... Err, I mean vampires.:)

Y u no like vampires people? Yeah sure it can be a pain to play them in TES games but it's also fun to be a creature of the night *insert evil laughter*

I just discovered VTMB relatively recently when I bought it during a Steam sale, and now it is now one of my all time favorite games.

I'm for one am looking forward to blotting out the tyranny of the sun with my winged Nosferatu lord. Then I will fight in the shade!:p

According to the GI article, Dawnguard will allow us to visit the Soul Cairn realm.

My paladin wood elves is gonna love this!

I just discovered VTMB relatively recently when I bought it during a Steam sale, and now it is now one of my all time favorite games

Vampire Bloodines, especially with the aid of those wonderful community patches, is the most atmospheric god damned game you'll ever play. I don't like being trendy but the best word to describe that game is 'cool'.

Vampire Bloodines, especially with the aid of those wonderful community patches, is the most atmospheric god damned game you'll ever play. I don't like being trendy but the best word to describe that game is 'cool'.
Completely agree.

RIP Troika Games...

Back
Top Bottom