IGN - Why RPGs Dominated 2011

In Germany, the PC retail boxed disc version of Skyrim has been selling more copies than the Xbox and PS3 versions of MW3.

This sounds imho reasonable, namely because Germany is one of the few working PC retail game markets left (seemingly).

It is also one of the last markets where adventure gmes are seeling well.
It is also a market from whioch Walmart withdrew.

I'll never understand why. Germany is sometimes a big, huge riddle to me.
And I say this as a German myself !

I imagine part of the relative popularity of Skyrim on the PC in non-english markets may be due to the ability to choose to use English or other voice recording sets in lieu of the sometimes-awful non-English localized versions.

Days ago I actually ( ! ) found someone posting in the official Drakensang forums, saying he ONLY plays games in English - and thus, he ONLY wanted to play Drakensang in English language, too !

I guess he believes that only English voice-acing is the good voice-acting, since it is in the original language the game was intended to be in.

but i don't know if 10 years into the future some people will still mod and play those games as they do with Daggerfall or Bloodlines.

Without any working Directx-Emulator, this is unlikely to happen.
Cynically put.

Yes, he got my point. Thematically refers to story, not character build flexibility. When I read that, all I could think is "what a pretentious idiot."

Well I don't really have the high ground to call him out on being either pretentious or an idiot so I'll just nod in agreement.

The only thing DA2 dominated was the list of most disappointing games. :)

So, so very true ... I think that 2011 was the year that Bioware put itself firmly into the 'show me WHY I should buy your crap' column ...

DA2 is the first Bioware game I didn't buy within a month from launchday and one I still haven't bought.

They sell DA2 for 20 Euros here now.

All DLC included? :evilgrin:

No, so far not.

Back
Top Bottom