Witcher 3 - This Week's Free DLC Revealed

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
CD Projekt Red plans to release sixteen different little free DLC packages every week through the summer. The second of them was announced today. It ain't fancy, but it's free.

• Contact: Missing Miners - Miners from a small Skellige village are disappearing. Investigate and find out what's happening.
  • Alternative Look for Yennefer - Check out this entirely new look for the mighty sorceress Yennefer of Vengerberg.
witcher3_yendlc-100587149-orig.jpg

The first paid expansion, Hearts of Stone, is expected in October.

More information.

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken, this should be the second one of them, not the third one.

If I am not mistaken, this should be the second one of them, not the third one.

Sorry, quite right -- Gamespot said "the first two" had been previously released, but each download so far has been a bundle of two small DLC.

This game is awful. It is all flash and no substance. There is no crime system. The world, and it's objects, are static and non interactive, the graphics were clearly downgraded and we were not told this until post purchase. CDPR were the good guys. Now they are just CDPR-EA. Another group of liars that don't deliver on what they promise and don't tell you until they have your money.

This game is awful. It is all flash and no substance. There is no crime system. The world, and it's objects, are static and non interactive, the graphics were clearly downgraded and we were not told this until post purchase. CDPR were the good guys. Now they are just CDPR-EA. Another group of liars that don't deliver on what they promise and don't tell you until they have your money.

Funny I just got a troll contract in the game!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, this game is awful. ;)

Now excuse me, I'm prepping for another night-long session.

You obviously haven't played the game fella:

1. There is indeed a rudimentary crime system (you steal in front of guards, they knock you out and rob you).

2. You can interact/physically knock over/smash walls in the environment uncovering secrets: far from static (and NPCs have full daily routines/timetables FFS).

3. The latest patch with sharpening enabled actually reversed most of the downgrade, and it looks amazing as long as your rig isn't a potato.

4. CDPR are giving out bunches of free DLC + various other goodies via the 'extra content' on GOG, patching the game every 2-3 days (unheard of) and being extremely open about the downgrade and their chance to rectify it… hardly EA type behaviour (well, EA have been fine lately, maybe you mean Ubisoft?).

The game is amazing, the stories feel real and if you actually enjoy fantasy RPGs… well, I'm not sure how you couldn't find something that tickles your fancy with TW3 Wild Hunt.

Edit: Did I just fall for a /s troll? haha....

To me this DLC seems very minor compared to other releases. Is their intention to drip feed an additional quest here and there over the coming months?

If so it just seems weird....

To me this DLC seems very minor compared to other releases. Is their intention to drip feed an additional quest here and there over the coming months?

If so it just seems weird….

Are you kidding me? Those stocking on Yennefer alone are expansion level worth ;)

Ha, well yeah, maybe. I suppose it was foolish to think that each of the 16 DLCs would be of a considerable size, but honestly it's like CDPR just didn't add some stuff into the release to drip feed DLCs as marketing device.

The point was to show to fans that it's possible to be nongreedy and give 16 noncutout postrelease freebies instead of charging $10 or even more for every single crapitem like EA does.

-

Now they are just CDPR-EA.
Didn't I just explain it's not EA?

the graphics were clearly downgraded
So it's CDPR-Ubi.

I suggest polishing your trolling skills a bit more, that up there was kindergarden level.

If so it just seems weird….

This is all a perception thing...they knew they wanted to release other downloadable content so they made these a long with the game and released them as "free" dlc when in reality it's more of a marketing ploy.

I really dont care much for these DLCs, but they are free, so whatever. I just hope the planned expansions are worth it.

Remember the Troll in chapter 1 of the Witcher 2? Poor guy, that one. Also, most bridges in Witcher 3 are in a lousy condition. We have to feed the trolls, or else more bridges will fall into disrepair.

Some people……

They clearly changed some things in the game. Textures, global illumination and particles are some of them but it was done so the game is actually playable on most PC's and consoles. Despite that it still looks stunning and they are improving it every patch.

I read in The Witcher 3 forums earlier a guy posting about the game having awful boring side quests…..i mean really? I haven't encountered 2 same quests and i can't remember a game that has done side quests so well if you consider the amount that the witcher 3 has.

People never stop to amaze me.

Now that was funny! Excellent response.

Anyway, this whole 16 free DLC thing is very smart marketing by CDPR. It keeps the game in the gaming media for weeks on end. That is the true purpose of it, make no mistake. If I wished to be more cynical, I would point out how minor and trivial all this DLC is...and the fact that they almost assuredly had most of it done before release.

But whatever. If trickling out small DLC helps them get more sales, then fine. But it doesn't really make them generous. It remains to be seen if they continue updating the game with features players are asking for (fix the wonky horrible turning/movement acceleration!).

Some people……

They clearly changed some things in the game. Textures, global illumination and particles are some of them but it was done so the game is actually playable on most PC's and consoles. Despite that it still looks stunning and they are improving it every patch.

I read in The Witcher 3 forums earlier a guy posting about the game having awful boring side quests…..i mean really? I haven't encountered 2 same quests and i can't remember a game that has done side quests so well if you consider the amount that the witcher 3 has.

People never stop to amaze me.

And the same guy loved DA:I collection quests, I'll bet.

I really dont care much for these DLCs, but they are free, so whatever. I just hope the planned expansions are worth it.

I'll start worrying about expansion once I'll finish the first play through. Which might take a while... :)

I hope the expansions are just that - expansions that provide new spaces, and not DLC that make you wish they had been present the first time around.

Back
Top Bottom