Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition - Available for Pre-purchase

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Beamdog announces that you can now pre-purchase Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition in this new press release.

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition available now for pre-purchase, goes live on November 15th, 2013

EDMONTON, ALBERTA — Beamdog, Atari, and Overhaul Games announce pre-purchasing for Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition on Mac and PC has begun, in preparation for release on November 15th, 2013.

The original Baldur’s Gate II: Shadows of Amn, launched in September 2000, and became the most celebrated Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying video game of its time. On November 15th, gamers new and old can experience the epic continuation and conclusion of the Bhaalspawn Saga with full HD resolution support and area art remastered from the original renders.

Set in the iconic Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms universe from Wizards of the Coast, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition includes the adventures Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal. In addition to the improved graphics and gameplay, the Enhanced Edition bundles four new allies for your party, each with their own unique quests. Also bundled in the Enhanced Edition is The Black Pits 2: Gladiators of Thay, an arena challenge that puts players’ tactical skills to the ultimate test.

“We are thrilled that our partners at Beamdog have confirmed a date for the rerelease of what many people consider one of the greatest RPGs ever on PC, (Baldur’s Gate II),” said Nathan Stewart, Brand Director for D&D at Wizards of the Coast. “As we continue to expand our world-class storytelling on digital platforms, it is great to bring this classic to new devices and share the rich fantasy of D&D with new fans.”

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition for PC and Mac can be pre-loaded through either the Beamdog client or an upcoming stand-alone installer. Pre-loading the game allows players to access Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition immediately after its release on November 15th, 2013.
More information.

Last edited:
25 dollars? I think I'll pass. The old version still does it for me. Hope they make a new game at some point, then I'll be interested.

I'll pick it up for pc but not ipad.

I made that mistake with the first one and didn't like how the game translates to touch controls.

Preordered back in August, with the sincere hope that this might lead to a revivial of the series. Plus, it's never a bad idea to support some peeps in the town where ya live.

-Carn

They need to patch BG:EE first ! They promised it months ago!!

Will wait till it appears on steam or gog...not spreading my digital games even more.

I'll wait until it has gone through a couple of patch releases.

Played through the patched version of BG:EE and I still saw bugs. Oh well...

Last edited:
Already own the original, but am really looking forward to playing it on my ipad. So i will buy it, my kensai is waiting for it.
Already played it thrice, but it still is great fun imho

While, I applaud the effort I think that $25 is overpriced. The original BGII didn't need an enhanced edition as much as BG1 did. BG:EE was more convenience than enhanced. Even then it took several patches ( and at least one more is one the way ) for it to be significantly polished. I have no interest in tablet gaming, so I'll probably skip this until a Steam sale.

I wouldn't have gotten BG:EE if it hadn't been on sale, and it was still a letdown.

I caved and bought EE because of the changes they're planning to implement. I hope 1.2 is out soon, so I can check it out again.

25$ for BG2:EE is pretty excessive - but I'm not surprised.

I believe I made my opinion clear about BG:EE pricing when it was originally released. I won't go into that again :)

$25!! Take note, indie developers: hold on to your IP forever!

I guess the only way I will buy those EE versions are if they start to release very good exclusive mods. Reading all the critics about BG:EE, I guess I prefer the original one (with GemRB I can even play in my Android smartphone if I want)

I guess the only way I will buy those EE versions are if they start to release very good exclusive mods. Reading all the critics about BG:EE, I guess I prefer the original one (with GemRB I can even play in my Android smartphone if I want)

BG:EE does have some unique mods for the new characters. The problem is that unless you get to them early, they are barely a challenge.

But at least the area art work seems up to snuff. Can't say the same for the cut scenes.

BG:EE does have some unique mods for the new characters. The problem is that unless you get to them early, they are barely a challenge.

But at least the area art work seems up to snuff. Can't say the same for the cut scenes.

I just wish they could have enhanced the on screen avatars. That alone would have been a major enhancement!

I just hope that now BG2EE is done they can move on with a new BG project.

$25 seems about right, but honestly, who would pay that when you can just wait a few weeks/months for it to go on sale? I just picked up BG:EE for $5! It pays to wait a little while before buying games.

You can. And that's what I'll be doing with BG2:EE...waiting for a sale.

Yeah wait a sale if the price isn't ok for you, it's that simple. The price of a game isn't purely how much it costs but also how much it will sells. It's not a simple equation. Despite all qualities, and despite knowing that BG2:EE will include both Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, I doubt this release can sell very well.

I have been very satisfied by BG:EE that I don't see why I won't pick BG2:EE. I agree the price could seems high for what's just a refresh, not a remake, and with an original game that is still running. But I consider it was probably still a large amount of work, and modders are unable to provide the same release refresh. I'll get it full price to support and because of the Mac release, for PC only I don't know.

EDIT: And frankly, once the EE is cleaned from important bugs, I don't see how buy the original would be a better choice for someone with broken CD/DVD or that hadn't yet the game. That's one more good reason of such releases. And frankly I'd rush on some other games with EE if they had a Mac version. :)

Back
Top Bottom