Dead State - Design Update: Kitchen Knife

It is nice detail. I can't tell you how happy I am to read actual numbers and words like "modifier" and details like AP cost for switching between weapon types and digging through an actual *gasp* inventory.

The monkey is pleased... :)

Very interesting ... I like the detail about the Plunge Attack . There is hope for Real RPGs.

"Knives do significantly less damage to zombies than humans."

Yeah! If you want to strike a zombie, use a human!

Loving all the stats! I think that used to be a part of rpgs?

I'm not sure. It seems so long I've been lost, adrift in a sea of cool-down timers and awesome buttons. I'm going to be pissed if Dead State doesn't let me fight like a Spartan, while at the same time planning like a general. :p

Last edited:
Look at those lovely lovely stats. My god how long has it been since I've seen stats like that?

*sigh* I'm in love :smitten:

It is nice detail. I can't tell you how happy I am to read actual numbers and words like "modifier" and details like AP cost for switching between weapon types and digging through an actual *gasp* inventory.

The monkey is pleased… :)

You guys.... EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.
Let's prove to the mainstream that an indie traditional RPG
can sell well in the age of the "OMGWTFBBQ H3D5H0TZ!!!11"
FPS. Tell all your friends, bring in old timers and your kids and
heck, buy a couple copies ;)

This and Xenonauts I have high hopes for.

Level of detail is commendable. Can´t wait for the baseball bat.
This game will kick ass, I can feel it.

Are there real kitchens in the game, too ?

Level of detail is commendable. Can´t wait for the baseball bat.
This game will kick ass, I can feel it.

It's being developed by DoubleBear Productions, which was founded by Brian Mitsoda of the late, great Troika Games, may it rest in peace. I understand Mr. Mitsoda wrote Vampire: The Masquerade -- Bloodlines, one of my personal faves. Props to you, Brian; there was some fine dialogue in Bloodlines.

I see lots of reasons to be optimistic about Dead State. Mmmm, turn-based brains....

I know a few RPG junkies that are looking out for this game. Also read about it in PC Gamer, lots of really cool ideas in Dead State hopefully they can inplament them in game.

Back
Top Bottom