Skyrim - News Tidbits

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Here's a small handful of Skyrim tidbits from the last week or so.

More information.

Someone managed to find and post a comparison of the PS3 and Xbox360 versions by means of comparing how the dragons look in each version. While it's not a perfect set of screenshots from which to compare the versions, it does give some idea as to how much the presentation can varry system to system

Comparison of a dragon in Skyrim. It's the exact same point in both games but the difference is massive.

360 version.

PS3 version.

You can see the PS3 version is miles behind and pretty hideous in it's current state

Probably because Xbox 360 is the lead platform, rather than the PS3 not being capable.

Someone managed to find and post a comparison of the PS3 and Xbox360 versions by means of comparing how the dragons look in each version. While it's not a perfect set of screenshots from which to compare the versions, it does give some idea as to how much the presentation can varry system to system

beauty is in the eye of the beholder so some may prefer the PS3 version :p

beauty is in the eye of the beholder so some may prefer the PS3 version :p

C'mon, that PS3 version is SWEET! Seriously people, you need to click on the links and see for yourselves... ;p

Gah, enough with the console promoting Bethesda, we're less than 7 weeks away from release and you've still not revealed what the PC version looks like! Yes I know it'll be better than the 360, thats a given, but I want to see it already damnit!

And another thing, show us something else besides the demo from E3 months ago...sheesh! Anyone that knew where to look already saw leaks of that months ago too!

@Tragos-now wouldn't that be a slap in the face ;) Sorry, pc owners, we knew most of you just pirate our game so we didn't bother updating any of the graphics for your version! Enjoy Potato-Heads part two!

Yes I know it'll be better than the 360, thats a given

I don't know.

Oblivion un-modded was a console port through and through. The UI was horrible console Zelda'ish.

Isn't it kind of worrying that we're getting so close to release and the only material bethesda has shown is the same golden claw dungeon, town and dragon fight that they showed gameinformer all the way back in december?

The UI was horrible console Zelda'ish.
Sir, you insult zelda.

I'm not pre-ordering this one, unless it includes a $50 gift certificate from GameSpot. I guess I am spoiled. ;)

Quick, somebody tell Bethesda to slip Onlive vouchers in the box and keep it quiet. :p

As for the PC version, I'm expecting the bare minimum of enhancements for it. Pretty much only ones that are absolutely needed and/or take minimal effort. Being able to run at higher resolutions etc. Of course there is also the difference of being able to mod, which admittedly is huge.

I'm not even expecting textures much more detailed than what's on the consoles really. I think we'll have to wait for the modding community to do that.

@Tragos-now wouldn't that be a slap in the face ;) Sorry, pc owners, we knew most of you just pirate our game so we didn't bother updating any of the graphics for your version! Enjoy Potato-Heads part two!

Its racists comments like that that me hate being a potato.:biggrin: Yes it would be funny but I foresee allot of lawsuits if that did happen.

I remember Howard stating they wouldn't show the pc to not anger the console crowd and show the 350 is the chosen platform.

Well this would be fair point of view if we were talking about another game , people who afford it will buy because it is TES people that oppose the dumping down will not bother pirating .

I remember Howard stating they wouldn't show the pc to not anger the console crowd and show the 350 is the chosen platform.

You don't have a link to the source, do you? I'd like to read that load of B.S. firsthand. The real reason is/was probably more centered around the fact they don't put any effort into the PC release.

You don't have a link to the source, do you? I'd like to read that load of B.S. firsthand. The real reason is/was probably more centered around the fact they don't put any effort into the PC release.

It's true I remember Todd stating this as well. In a video interview Todd says that they're showing the 360 version right now because if they showed the PC version with its superior textures it would be a let-down for 360 owners - or something to that effect.

If you go on Youtube you can probably find the video... but the comment is buried away so you'll probably have to watch a lot of videos before you come across the comment.

I think I have seen that video too.

If they don't care about the PC then there is no reason for them to release the mod tool...

I found the source (yes, I have no life…)

Around the 2:00 minute mark.

Back
Top Bottom