Fable 2 - Online Coop not Shipping in Box

Dhruin

SasqWatch
From GameSpot comes news that the promised online co-op in Fable II will not ship in the box but will be patched in later - possibly within the week:
When Fable II arrives in stores, it will lack the online co-op multiplayer mode Molyneux touted at a 2008 Game Developers Conference presentation.. On the bright side, Microsoft is promising that the feature will be added in a downloadable update, possibly within the game's first week on North American shelves. For those who can't wait for a patch to adventure with friends, the game will include local co-op play out of the box.
More information.

There is absolutely no contradiction between this and the game being "absolutely finished and done and dusted", as stated by Mr. Molyneux 5 days ago. None at all!

Though of course it is not a big deal if they really manage to release the patch in approx. one week - aside from the utter shamelessness.

Sounds more like a copy protection stunt to me than a lack of time.

Sounds more like a copy protection stunt to me than a lack of time.

I agree. I think this one is to blame on Microsoft, not Molyneux. I know Molyneux's got a history, but this particular ditty stinks of MS.

Errrr, why does it stink of MS?

Though it's touted as a big feature, I'm not particularly interested in the co-op. I've got MMO games for that.

Hacked consoles are nothing new.. I hacked my sega megadrive back in the 90s or actually there was this game shop whose owner would do these modifications. It was just silly that one couldn't play japanise or usa games on european console and vice versa.

Interesting. I never owned a console and do not plan on buying one, so I am a bit naive in that respect.

I only wonder why MS would not just use an automatic forced update feature activated during regular online play for hack detection. Or are games checked in advance by hackers to remove "features" like this?

Back
Top Bottom