Pricewatch!

Dark Souls is $20 over at Amazon (activates through Steam).

Alas, I was going to purchase it, got up to the final order confirmation page, and then proceeded to back out due to GFWL worries and having to download third party hacks to get the resolution and keyboard controls fixed. Maybe in a couple months…

Will Steam's autoupdate service or GFWL screw up any 3rd party hacks that make the PC version acceptable?

Pretty impressive alien and sci fi sale at greenman gaming

http://www.greenmangaming.com/aliens-space-deals/

Are any of these worth it? I'm tempted by the Warhammer stuff.

Red Faction: Armageddon is pretty good, and I hear RF: Guerrilla is very good as well. Supreme Commander is worthwhile if you like RTS games.

I think I'll grab RF: Guerrilla and Warhammer: Space Marine during this sale.

What's the gameplay like in those? Are they just point & click? I'm not a big fan of the adventure genre, but I've always liked Doctor Who.

If it's like game one, then it's just a point & click. Unfortunately, my hard drive crashed mid game so I have no idea how that game turned out. OTOH, I'm a huge fan of the show, so I just can't go wrong with the $5 purchase

Will Steam's autoupdate service or GFWL screw up any 3rd party hacks that make the PC version acceptable?

GFWL no, although some of the hacks disable the online play (which you probably don't want anyhow...aka strangers joining your game to kill you).

Steam auto-update, doubt it because I don't expect the game to get updates. Otherwise this is like Skyrim, people probably will have to update their fixes after updates.

GoG has an attractive adventure double pack:

Deponia and Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia for 24$. The latter is brand new (Oct. 12th). It's currently the #1 bestselling adventure on Amazon.de and #3 in RPG & Adv behind Diablo 3 and WoW! The normal price here is ca. 30€.

Both games received very favourable reviews.

Halloween bundle at DotEmu.

For $9.99 you get:

Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
The 7Th Guest
The 11Th Hour
Stonekeep
Dark Fall - The Journal
Dark Fall 2 - Lights out
Enclave Gold
A Vampyre Story
Realms of the haunting
The Abbey
Ghost Master
Litil Divil

Tomb Raider games for ridiculous prices on Steam this weekend:

- Tomb Raider: Anniversary, €2,49
- Tomb Raider: Legend, €2,49
- Tomb Raider: Underworld, €3,74

They got pretty good reviews, I might as well get Underworld at least (the most recent one).

Yeah, I saw that sale and downloaded the demo for Underworld out of curiosity. Haven't played it yet though.

I stopped enjoying the Tomb Raider games years ago, but I'm curious to see if the underwater areas in Underworld are as neat as they look.

Never had much interest in Tomb Raider myself, but I'm a sucker for these prices. The game looks really good graphics-wise and I understand it's more puzzles than shooting. For this price, I'm sure I'll be able to entertain myself for at least one night.

Faerie Solitaire for free on Steam!

EA Sale on GoG. All the classics. Ultima, Wing Commander, Dungeon Keeper, Crusader, Nox, Populous, etc.

Yeah, I saw that sale and downloaded the demo for Underworld out of curiosity. Haven't played it yet though.

I stopped enjoying the Tomb Raider games years ago, but I'm curious to see if the underwater areas in Underworld are as neat as they look.

Well I had a chance to play that demo tonight.

Definitely an improvement over the last few TR games I tried, but I wasn't overly impressed. The environment in the demo level (a cliffside ocean area that starts on a boat) was beautiful but not as open as it first appeared. It still seems like the exact same formula of go here to find item A and then go there to collect item B. I grew bored before I could even finish the demo.

Heheh. Revenge of the Bitch 50% on sale on GreenmanGaming. With the coupon code added, it'll be €3.75.

It's a shit game, but it's so weird that I have to see it. :) For this price, I might as well get a piece of ridiculous gaming "art".

(Also, I got Chivalry: Medieval Warfare with the 25% off from GreenmanGaming. Recommended!!)

Ubisoft is giving a 10€ discount in some European countries if you use UBIPGW10 in their store. This means that you can get a free game, if the game costs less than 10€. http://shop.ubi.com/
Some of these games can be redeemed on steam.

(note: Sweden & the UK are not included, seem to be limited to countries using € as their currency).

Heheh. Revenge of the Bitch 50% on sale on GreenmanGaming. With the coupon code added, it'll be €3.75.

It's a shit game, but it's so weird that I have to see it. :) For this price, I might as well get a piece of ridiculous gaming "art".
That game could have been a cult classic and perhaps a worldwide bestseller - with it's bizzare and silly humor. What went wrong?
ML:RoB is ruined by being yet another endless mobrespawning grinder. If only there was a mod that stops respawning...
In any case 4€ seems a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom