The TV Series discussion thread

Are you saying his performance in DBC isn't Oscar worthy?

Not at all but Oscars aren't solely based on the nominated movie in question. He is pretty awesome in TD so I though it would have influenced Oscars members who have seen the show.

just read BBC article and the journalist thought that Jennifer Lawrence didn't get the best supporting actress award since she won the best actress last year i.e. not solely based on the nominated movie in question.

Lawrence... Didn't get oscar because they didn't want to risk breaking her neck.

Guys this is TV series, not movies thread. Yes, Hunger Games is a sort of series, but it is still not TV series.

Enjoy what we have left of True Detective's first season. The odds of any follow-up season being this good are about .01% :)

Not at all but Oscars aren't solely based on the nominated movie in question. He is pretty awesome in TD so I though it would have influenced Oscars members who have seen the show.

just read BBC article and the journalist thought that Jennifer Lawrence didn't get the best supporting actress award since she won the best actress last year i.e. not solely based on the nominated movie in question.

If his performance in DBC is Oscar worthy - why would anyone care if TD is an influence and how would they establish whether that's the case or not?

Yup, it will be the last episode of Series one. My guess and hopes are that series two would have a completely new cast, new town, and entirely new crime(s) to resolve. It will be hard to top this first series imo, unless it completely falls flat in the final episode.

I just finished watching last night's episode. It's really starting to build up, but I don't see how they're going to tie it all up properly with only one more. I really wish this had been more than just 8 episodes.

Also watched last night's episode of The Walking Dead. It was, imo, the worst episode of the series to date. Something needs to happen soon because I'm really starting to lose interest…

While waiting for Stick of Truth, I decided to watch South Park, season 17. I found it rather mediocre until the final four episodes (console wars/game of thrones + the hobbit). Those four episodes were fantastic, easily among the best South Park has to offer.

While waiting for Stick of Truth, I decided to watch South Park, season 17. I found it rather mediocre until the final four episodes (console wars/game of thrones + the hobbit). Those four episodes were fantastic, easily among the best South Park has to offer.

Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers and Good Times with Weapons were far, far funnier though, these new episodes felt like a rather bleak copy imo. Kenny and Cartman walking in that garden is funny the first time, not so much the 5th time. The shows biggest weakness is how they often ruin their jokes by totally overusing them.

Also watched last night's episode of The Walking Dead. It was, imo, the worst episode of the series to date. Something needs to happen soon because I'm really starting to lose interest…

Yeah, after this episode i'm not gonna bother watching, unless i get some strange urge to torture myself.. It was absolutely terrible. The writing is just.. ugh..

Well joxer, you'll be happy to know that Helix has reeled me back in for now. They seem to have picked the base up and moved it from the South Pole to the North Pole since they're talking about Inuits now and they're playing really free and loose with cold temperatures and their effect on things, but I expected to suspend a little reality with this series. Still say the Day 7 writer should be killed until dead.

I'm 2 or 3 weeks behind on Walking Dead. Looks like I'm going to need to catch up to see what all the disgust is about.

I really dunno what do you expect from a SyFy show. Reality? Yea…
You knew exactly what to expect from them. If you find goofs insulting and not hilarious, just skip everything that comes from that network. Meanwhile I'm continuing to enjoy it.

Walking dead is, I bet, very real and realistic. Didn't watch it though. Nor will. I want a bit of humor in Sci Fi, and the synopsis of that show doesn't look promising.

Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers and Good Times with Weapons were far, far funnier though, these new episodes felt like a rather bleak copy imo. Kenny and Cartman walking in that garden is funny the first time, not so much the 5th time. The shows biggest weakness is how they often ruin their jokes by totally overusing them.

I mostly found the various Martins jokes hilarious. It's always "on its way", it just doesn't get there.

Also, the Kanye West stuff in The Hobbit. I know some people probably found it a bit too repetitive, but I just couldn't stop laughing. "Hold on, hold on.. BITCH! How you not a hobbit again? Oh, ok, ok, I'll tell them, smoochsmooch" followed by some extremely lame argument.

I had the chance to watch UK made UTOPIA last weak and it was a very nice experience . Accents are good enough to understand 100% without subtitles, the story is more that interesting, cinematography is super, music is fantastic , dialogs are awkward , pacing is European, characters are clueless .

The DVD is a steal in amazon too.

Hopefully you're talking about this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Utopia-Blu-ray-Alexandra-Roach/dp/B00B2OI0FU

I've written two posts in this thread about that show.
That price is a steal. It should be more expensive and still would be worth every penny.

I was talking about the 7 pounds DVD but yeah same series.

Apologies for not reading your posts, i was just too excited about the series.
I don't think it should be more expensive , i am working three jobs and still having hard financial times , keeping it cheap makes it more accessible to poor peasants like me in 3rd world countries.

From what i read a second season is in the making while Americans are also doing their "version".I think i will wait for the UK production , Americans are too serious to make something as much fun .

Remake? This? For god's sakes…
I can't believe it and I just can't.

I bet they are about to make things politically correct, and that simply won't be the same thing! This show slaps you and mocks you about every single modern "value". Imagine what would an US remake look like - where the biggest value you shouldn't criticize at all costs - is a family.
Avoid the remake at all costs!

And I still say it should go more expensive. That way you won't be buying worthless DLC or getting milked through phonegames, but will save the money for some real pieces of art.

Back
Top Bottom