Arcania - New Screenshots @ VideoGamesZone.de

I question how you manage to enjoy video games at all. ;)

I am enjoying fantasy but you know sometimes creativity goes too far , when humans & laws of physics are involved some things ( like pointy ears for tree creatures or flying rocks ) are better avoided because they look and feel fake.

Huh? Risen is one of the best games lately. I wouldn't put it in front of G2notr, but it was really great game. Seriously, just what did you people expect from Risen? Everyone were screaming back then that they want gothic 1 replica, and that is exactly what PB gave us. Well, kinda. Game wasn't really new in anything, apart from combat. And yes, combat IS better then g1,2 and 3 combined, period.
I think you people are just being a bit too nostalgic over g1 days, so you automatically set the excpetation so high that there's no way PB can reach it.

And yes, i also think Risen looks better then Arcania. Not like that is important in any way, i'm still looking forward to this game.

Seriously, just what did you people expect from Risen? Everyone were screaming back then that they want gothic 1 replica, and that is exactly what PB gave us.

nope.
risen is boring, dull and predictable.

gothic 1 was rough, dirty and had a lot story twists that keeps you going.

I think Risen was a solid proof that PB is still capable to produce a game in the vein of old Gothics, provided good fix for the fans of these games and sorta put PB back on the map.
However, the game sorely lacks own identity and in retrospect it simply isn´t that memorable title and if PB wants to stay on the map, their next game definitely needs to be more creative, characterful and better thought out.

As for the photoshopped Arcania screenshots, well … I´ll wait for videos :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom