What did you get for Xmas?

Some nice cloth and books about Low German = Plattdeutsch.
Low German is still spoken to varying degrees in Lower Saxony and Westphalia in private. Due to its direct Saxon heritage it is closer to English than High German.

In Low German Christmas is Christdag (spoken: Christdach) = the day of (Jesus) Christ.

I'm super stoked this year!

I got dress from my hubby (my favourite brand!). My best friends gave me Nine West bag, crystal earrings and necklace. Lotions from in-laws and gift cards from parents :)

Just came back from Boxing Day shopping and rewarded myself with Mimco hair accessories & Nine West shoes :)

We had a fairly subdued Xmas this year, with most of the family off doing other things. The wife got me Smash Bros for the 3DS, Captain Metalbeard from the Lego Movie, and a small pile of books.

It's weird, but I don't really get PC games as gifts anymore since shifting almost entirely to digital distribution.

HiddenX, that sounds pretty cool. Are you a bit of a linguist, then?

Sorry, purpleblob, none of those things do it for me, for some reason. :p

I got a flu for Christmas :)

Man flu?

Attachments

• man-flu-funny-sicknesses.jpg
    man-flu-funny-sicknesses.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 69
Oh, sorry to hear that. One year everyone in the extended family caught a terribly virulent stomach flu from one another. Xmas dinner had to be repeatedly postponed, and then I got sick. Oh well, no roast beast for me that year. ;)

Myrthos wins Xmas!

It does seem to be the theme this year. My wife's grandmother and a friend's dad both had to go to the hospital on Xmas eve.

Well I can top his as I had surgery, and I'm still recovering.
Still I hope all of you had a good X-Mas with your families.:party:
I did get a brand new Tv this year so I'm happy.:)

Last edited:
Cool thread :)

Surprisingly, I got some gifts this year. I also gave some. This is the first year in many that I actually had money to do that, as well as receive gifts that I was totally not expecting.

I received:

2 German beer steins. They have picturesque sculptures of German cities, people, etc. on them. Love them.

A USB charger for various USB devices. Will work well with my PSP.

A pair of expensive bedroom slippers that haven't come in the mail yet (thanks mom!)

5 (!) pairs of super soft, luxurious lounge pants. I live in lounge pants, so I love these quite a bit.

I gave:

A minifridge to my mom to keep Dino's (our dog) icepacks in for when he has seizures.

A beard grooming kit to my old man, as well as a nice set of flannel sheets.

And that's it.

So yeah, it was a great day and great season thus far. The best part was being able to spend it with family :)

Okay, so I got
  • lavender bath oil
  • glittering, golden bath foam stuff with fake diamonds on the flask (well … somebody obviously thinks I stink)
  • money
  • socks
  • bedclothes
  • pullover
  • Transformers 4 blu-ray
  • Iron Sky blu-ray steel box
Actually, there was exactly one item on this list I actually had wished for.

Apart from that, my mom lost a fight with her dishwasher and ended up in hospital, I broke off a tooth, kiddo broke his arm (again) *and* he had to have a tooth removed because a new one had punched through his gums straight above it. All in the week before Christmas *shrugs*. But we're all fine now, mostly.

Sounds rough, Jaz. Glad you're all fine now.

I also received a few bigger items that I'm enjoying quite a bit. They are:

A microfiber recliner.
A modern, art-deco lamp.
A bunch of incense.
A dedicated headphone amplifier for my new Sennheiser HD 558.

Lots to be thankful for this year, that's for sure :)

I am Orthodox Christian we celebrate Xmas on 7th january but I did get few early new year presents from people I won't see than(also from where I come from it's custom to give presents on new year's day not Christmas)

Book Way of kings(you can see how I was thrilled about that in another thread)
Bottle of gin
Bottle of wine
Transmetropolitan(comic book) collection
Scarf

Last edited:
I got a Belly Button duster!! :) Really!!!!

A lot of my stuff still hasn't come because of mail fail :(

But…a good friend of mine here on the Watch (I won't say who) got me Shroud of the Avatar and Hardland…:)

My wife got me pajama pants, yummy bath scrub from Villainess, a vial of Bonfires at Dusk perfume from Arcana (which I already had a sample for), a copy of Liquid Story Binder XE…and stuff that hasn't gotten here yet. Also, a voucher for a cute pair of boots, though I think I might trade it in for a couple of infinity scarves and possibly another skirt.

Then she guessed most of her gifts, so I had to give them early so she didn't go buy them herself. :(

It wasn't really much of a Christmas, since we didn't have anything to put under the tree. Plus, jungle rain and heat. :( Sad.

I'm sorry you got the flu, Myrthos. My heart goes out to everyone that got sick…

Last edited:
I got a Belly Button duster!! :) Really!!!!

Yeah, it's the gift for those who already have got everytning. I suggest/threaten to give my daughters such a device (or rather a similarly anatomically adjusted sponge) occasionally.

pibbur who after close examination realizes he might actually need one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom