Witcher Spoilers

The Witcher
I had been to the Swamp in a previous run for maybe 30 mins, it will all be new to me, since I am trying to finish the city first, this attempt

Yeah, I mean where they sleep,, thanks. :)

In regards to the Party.
Does the choice of friend have an effect later in the game? I am not really looking for an actual spoiler on the ending, just seems that each choice could.

Dice Poker Update
On act 2
That'll work. Quaff a Tawny Owl and it should be pretty easy. Note though that there's some randomness about where the boss plant pops up, and if it's in the water, you will have a harder time crisping it. But the swamp is definitely dangerous; I lost about an hour's worth of playing there when I was suddenly jumped by a half-dozen drowned dead and couldn't get my swings... swinging.

Any reason or benefit to keep....
Ramsmeat alive?

Acleicus: Oh, come on. Stop asking for that kind of spoilers, a large part of the fun is in trying to do what you think is best (or not...) and sometimes getting bitten in the ass for it due to logical consequences you were unable to foresee.

That'll work. Quaff a Tawny Owl and it should be pretty easy. Note though that there's some randomness about where the boss plant pops up, and if it's in the water, you will have a harder time crisping it. But the swamp is definitely dangerous; I lost about an hour's worth of playing there when I was suddenly jumped by a half-dozen drowned dead and couldn't get my swings... swinging.

This has been just a great act(2)--I don't know how it can get better.
After using a few silver talents in Igni, it was almost too easy. Just stood at a distance, powered up and released and it was steamed greens for dinner. Of course, my Geralt is a bit more prone to signs and alchemy than others may be. I've found, logically enough, the swamps seem to be far more dangerous at night. I was mobbed by those nasty blood sausages...er, bludzeigers? around the shrine of meletele, then fifteen or twenty drowned dead AND a plant showed up for the party. By daylight, nothing there but a few drowners.

Acleicus: Oh, come on. Stop asking for that kind of spoilers, a large part of the fun is in trying to do what you think is best (or not...) and sometimes getting bitten in the ass for it due to logical consequences you were unable to foresee.

Hear hear. I for one am not going to answer any of those... at least not until you've finished a play-through.

After using a few silver talents in Igni, it was almost too easy. Just stood at a distance, powered up and released and it was steamed greens for dinner. Of course, my Geralt is a bit more prone to signs and alchemy than others may be. I've found, logically enough, the swamps seem to be far more dangerous at night. I was mobbed by those nasty blood sausages...er, bludzeigers? around the shrine of meletele, then fifteen or twenty drowned dead AND a plant showed up for the party. By daylight, nothing there but a few drowners.

I did the same with only copper talents in Igni, and it was quite easy as well. (Playing on Hard, meaning I level up a lot less, meaning I actually have to put some thought into what I want to upgrade -- I've only gotten about three silver talents at all so far, and I'm almost through Ch2.)

Same here, I had three( my first batch + potion, saved up) and used them all. Hopefully I won't regret it later. BTW, nice user review over at Eurogamer.

KazikluBey
Acleicus: Oh, come on. Stop asking for that kind of spoilers
Prime Junta
Hear hear. I for one am not going to answer any of those... at least not until you've finished a play-through.

:lol: , you guys, must be kidding, I have had to replay each chapter due to either poorly implemented dialog translations, bad scripting or broken quests.
And now, I am trying to save myself time because 40% of my playtime is due to loading the damn game that functionally needed 2 more months of work, as if I am not capable if judging whether or what problems I need help, with? :rolleyes:

Well I tell you what, you choose not to help me all you want, but know this if you ever ask for help and I can I will, I wont pull my ego out and try to judge whether I think you deserve the answers are not. :p

Acleacius, it's pretty clear from those comments that The Witcher is not for you. I suggest you uninstall now and go back to NWN or something else that's a little... less complicated.

I don't think there's any need to be *that* elitist about it, Prime J. Acleasius has had some serious technical issues with the game that would have turned most people off completely, and it's obvious he's enjoying it despite the load times and glitches. Why not let him do so?

You certainly don't have to assist in his corruption, of course, and if it gets on your nerve endings too much, there's always the "Ignore" button :p

Last edited:
You're right, magerette; that was (somewhat) uncalled-for. However, I do think that he's asking the wrong questions -- he's not stuck; instead, he's asking about stuff he'll discover himself if he actually sits down and plays the damn thing. This is not something you can rush through; you need to think about it and take your time.

What's more, I think his reply to mine (and kaziklu's) was rather snooty, and I do have a nasty habit of replying in kind.

:lol: , you guys, must be kidding, I have had to replay each chapter due to either poorly implemented dialog translations, bad scripting or broken quests.
And now, I am trying to save myself time because 40% of my playtime is due to loading the damn game that functionally needed 2 more months of work, as if I am not capable if judging whether or what problems I need help, with? :rolleyes:
I'm glad I haven't had any of the troubles you've had and I admire your perseverance but...

Well I tell you what, you choose not to help me all you want, but know this if you ever ask for help and I can I will, I wont pull my ego out and try to judge whether I think you deserve the answers are not. :p
...you're not asking for help that requires divulging of spoilers to resolve but simply want to know what happens ahead of time, so it's not a matter of whether you "deserve" the answer or not but whether I think it's right for me to help spoil the story for someone.

Damn, I have to break this up into 2 post, with 11 emotes.

Prime Junta
Acleacius, it's pretty clear from those comments that The Witcher is not for you. I suggest you uninstall now and go back to NWN or something else that's a little... less complicated.
Hehe, yes TW is way to complicated for me. :)

However, I do think that he's asking the wrong questions -- he's not stuck; instead, he's asking about stuff he'll discover himself if he actually sits down and plays the damn thing
Lol, I am speechless, well almost.
Does thou have a clue, about that which thy speakth? :)
How the hell do you know I am not stuck?
Look, no one made you read the spoiler tag or nor to answer, you voice your oppinion and I voiced mine.

I would help and you would not, so what it's just a game, not like it's life & death or some addict asking for a fix, I am certainly not offended, nor should you be. :)
OF course I would know the answer, IF I could get past that point, it's quite obvious anyone capable of posting on a forum could reason this out.

What's more, I think his reply to mine (and kaziklu's) was rather snooty, and I do have a nasty habit of replying in kind.
Lol, let me get this strait, I asked a reasonable question, contained in a Spoiler Tag, you reply won't help and you say "I am snooty".
That doesn't sound the slight bit elitist, too you? :p

magerette
Acleasius has had some serious technical issues with the game that would have turned most people off completely, and it's obvious he's enjoying it despite the load times and glitches
Quite true, it's such a great game, it can really be frustrating to be stuck and not being able to run a game you bought from overseas, because you want to support Indie RPG developers, taking over a week just to get it running for no fault of my own, i.e. driver conflict between ATI and Cd Projekt. :)

Last edited:
KazikluBey
I'm glad I haven't had any of the troubles you've had and I admire your perseverance but...
.......? :)

..you're not asking for help that requires divulging of spoilers to resolve but simply want to know what happens ahead of time
Not sure why you say or think you know this info, if you had been having problems, wouldn't you have read forums to seek and ask for answers?
If, so then you might know Ramsmeat is a source of many buggy problems and I will be glad to list some if your asking for help with understanding. :)

so it's not a matter of whether you "deserve" the answer or not but whether I think it's right for me to help spoil the story for someone.
Well, thanks for your consideration for my enjoyment of the story, which I do enjoy, btw. :)
Yet, I am by most accounts an adult, whether it shows or not ( :p ) and I did ask in a Spoiler thread, inside a Spoiler Tag.
This accomplishes at least two things provides a link to issues with Ramsmeat and provides possible solutions for problems of...
Him becoming hostile, even if you have Cleared him and found him Innocent when sent to talk to him.
-------------------

Changing back to Spoilers, I am making this more of a hint and being vague, instead of a spoiler for chap 2, as it might interest some to know.........
there is an very obscure item which you receive, which seems it should be sold like any other of it's kind, yet no one will buy it. There is a use for it and it's needed in your inventory. If you can find where it is used it will give you complete control over a potentially, extremely annoying quest.

Last edited:
Damn, I have to break this up into 2 post, with 11 emotes.

Prime Junta

Hehe, yes TW is way to complicated for me. :)

I probably put it the wrong way, but I do get the impression that you may not have the attention span it demands. You can't enjoy play through it while "saving time" -- the whole point is to savor it and discover it, to ponder your choices and be surprised by their consequences. There's rarely even any clear "benefit" to one choice over another -- just different consequences. It's clear from your questions ("Is there a benefit to saving Ramsmeat? Does your choice of companion affect the endgame?" ) that you haven't understood this, and are playing this like you were powergaming in NWN. That won't work.

Lol, I am speechless, well almost.
Does thou have a clue, about that which thy speakth? :)

That would be "dost thou have a clue, whereof thou speakest?"

I speak.
Thou speakest.
He speaketh.

You're welcome.

How the hell do you know I am not stuck?

If you are, your questions aren't about it.

Look, no one made you read the spoiler tag or nor to answer, you voice your oppinion and I voiced mine.

And nobody's making you continue this discussion.

I would help and you would not, so what it's just a game, not like it's life & death or some addict asking for a fix, I am certainly not offended, nor should you be. :)
OF course I would know the answer, IF I could get past that point, it's quite obvious anyone capable of posting on a forum could reason this out.

Acleacius, I would be very happy to help (and, in fact, I have helped you and others on this thread). For example, I helped explain those few things that were puzzling you about Act 1 -- *after* you had played through them. I will continue to do so. However, handing out plot spoilers ahead of time is not helping, and it is my considered opinion that *asking* for them ahead of time is going to degrade your enjoyment of the game. I apologize for the tone I took when expressing that opinion with you, but I don't apologize for expressing it.

Lol, let me get this strait, I asked a reasonable question, contained in a Spoiler Tag, you reply won't help and you say "I am snooty".
That doesn't sound the slight bit elitist, too you? :p

Not exactly. From where I'm at, you asked an UNreasonable question, I didn't help and explained why I thought it was unreasonable, and you accuse me of elitism. *That* was snooty.

Prime Junta
It's clear from your questions ("Is there a benefit to saving Ramsmeat? Does your choice of companion affect the endgame?" ) that you haven't understood this, and are playing this like you were powergaming in NWN. That won't work.
Well, sure that maybe a possible thought, yet it isn't true or accurate.
Just because I didn't say "hey I am stuck being forced to kill a guy I just proved innocent, should I just start over due to this bug or what's the downside if I go head and kill him" or wanting a hint about the party because I recognize quest possibilities, due to testing some RPGs, that is savoring choices.
You sound like the guy whom won't ask for directions, while lost, "but honey I am savoring the moment". :)
Also what does NWN have to do with powergaiming, there isn't endless spawning, seems more accurate to say Diablo.
I just asked a question, I didn't know I needed to meet specific criteria. :)
That would be "dost thou have a clue, whereof thou speakest?"
I speak. Thou speakest. He speaketh. You're welcome.
Thanks, though it was meant to be ironic and selfdeprivating, as it wouldn't be nice to joke someone without joking yourself.
If you are, your questions aren't about it.
Really......?
And nobody's making you continue this discussion.
Continue?
Acleacius, I would be very happy to help (and, in fact, I have helped you and others on this thread)
Not only in this thread but you help in many places and many threads, thanks. :)
However, handing out plot spoilers ..........opinion with you, but I don't apologize for expressing it.
I wasn't offended as I mentioned, if you are/were offended then you have my apologizes.
Additionally I don't like games where I am forced to sleep off hours just to do a quest, seems very silly to me, yet it might not bother others who constantly meditate just to pass time, I am in a game to play not pretend to be sleeping.and
this isn't a thread about savoring, unless I worded it wrong.

Sites like GB and GFAQs get 10s of thousands of hits a day, due to having helpful recourses, no one is making me, you or anyone use the Quick Save, Console and Walkthroughs the most important thing is giving people a choice.
Not exactly. From where I'm at, you asked an UNreasonable question, I didn't help and explained why I thought it was unreasonable, and you accuse me of elitism. *That* was snooty.
I recognize you think it's unreasonable, yet you don't seem to realize *you mean* unreasonable for you to ask such a question, surely you can't mean you can determine what's correct for others.
This is about having to restart a long ass game, again and again due to broken quests and bugs, not about your perception of power gaming, not savoring the moment or being too hard. :)
Additionally asking if your statement sounded slightly elitist, is Not accusing you of elitism nor is it snooty, it only examines your statement with your criteria.

Remember when you asked to spoiler the ending on MotB, cause you had problems with your ending and we all offered help without conditions. :)

----------
Moving on, anyone having trouble with the 2 Ghost quests Chap 2, seem to be bugs?
In regards to Restless Ghost and Ghost House, I see much trouble on the official forums with both.
In Ghost House, the actual dialog/text to meet the Half Elf is wrong in but the journal is correct, also the key has no name while all others keys seem to have names or descriptions. I haven't found nor read of a usage for it and if it disappears at Chap end like things seem to it could be too late.
Restless is like a broken quest, a non aggressive Wraith whom fights with you against Ghouls is somehow evil and needs to be killed?
Yet the wife lies if you solve it by killing him. He speaks *his lost body* *wife is a whore* *it's to cold*, so hard to believe this quest is strait forward. :)

In regards to Zoltan at night.
He leaves the map at 8pm, so you can only bring Carmen or Sigfried on the same night.

Regarding the quests in this game--very few so far seem to be truly broken, though you get a definite lack of clarity about it in the journal and dialogue, so it's easy to think they are when they aren't, so to speak. I've been at several points where I thought I couldn't progress a quest or had a broken one, but miraculously by continuing to play and explore options they were resolved.

It leads to some anxious moments, however. But I would argue, that's part of the tension of any drama, and when they work out, it's very satisfying.

But my point in regard to the discussion of what is a spoiler and what is a plot preview is that, due I think to the convoluted interweaving and branching of quests and the faults of translation and localization, it can often seem that things are out of whack, and that one is in danger of having to make a choice which will require hours of replay to avoid a broken quest. Or that you are forced to make a choice you really didn't want to make because of ignorance of an option. This happened to me last night in the swamp:
in the letter delivery quest--couldn't find Yaevinn to deliver the reply--meditated, waited for him to spawn, but he never showed. Then dialogue with Seigfried seemed to lead to a situation where you might confront him, but no, he wasn't there either, and so I ended up just going with the other option and made a decision I am not terribly thrilled with, which may affect later game developments.However, since I'm planning on a replay, it's all good,
but still--it wouldn't seem unreasonable to want to know if this was a bug, or if there was a way to get to the resolution you really wanted.

Shani's party:
If you want to bring Zoltan, you can ask him during the daytime and it will work.

If you had mentioned that you had a bug with Ramsmeat I might have given you an answer, but from where I was it looked like you were asking for plot spoilers simply because you wanted to navigate through the game with an "optimal" result in mind.

Even knowing you have a bug with him, my only advice is: Do what you like with Ramsmeat, because there's no need to ask for that kind of spoiler. You won't break anything either way unless you're the victim of another bug, but that's not something I can tell you about.

magerette, I had that same problem with the letter and chanced asking......
the Druids and they told me of his location which was displayed in the journal with a map pointer.
Additionally you couldn't be more correct about the translations and cut dialog imo, maybe it's because I have tried to do some testing on RPGs or it's just me but I am clearly hypersensitive to quest breakage, progressions and frustration of replaying.

It's one of the reasons I asked for the spoiler about Shanni's party,
I would have been thrilled to find that my invited guest had an effect on the story
, what a great idea or it could just be wishful thinking on my part hoping for more depth at every turn.

Thanks for the tip on Zoltan, I did know about the daytime hours, it's just when I am forced to replay large portions of a game, I try to become more efficient when NPC schedules are involved since I dislike sleeping just for the sake of trying to move a quest forward and after seemly...
destroying a whole town, with no indication of what the hell happened .

Shanni's party you can......
See Shanni at 7pm, in her room, run to the gravedigger before he leaves, have the body delivered, start the autopsy started at 10pm and start the party except for Zoltan (my choice) and get your Shanni card.
This all came about out of frustration as the first time before I reached the Ramsment bug, I had started the party not knowing the time and when everyone said Shanni was sleeping lets go, it was 8am and she left for work and I didn't get my card.

KazikluBey, hey it's cool and like I said I am not offended you or Prime Junta. :)
I am normally on official forums, for really good games like this for a month or more, asking and offering help but for some reason I haven't been able to get my conformation email, allowing me to post.
It never occurred to me to list reasons I want a spoiler, nor has it ever been required of me and through my research I knew the bug I had, I just couldn't find out if he was worth keeping alive.
I knew he was valuable.....
dead. :)

Made it to Chap 3,
and people are still alive,
woo hoo! :)

Back
Top Bottom