Risen - German Previews

Can anyone translate one of those, or all? Because my german is even worse than my frence :p
And that is already horrible

Gamona (the preview I just read) basically supports my own impressions you can read in the "snippets from the RPC". http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6902

Everything has become much moire colourful, they write ( I agree), and the resemblance / similarity to Gothic ( Gothic 1 in my case, since I still haven't played all the other Gothic games) is really striking. The author even writes that he wouldn't have been surprised if Xardas was coming around the next corner ... ;)

I agree. The similarities are almost over-obvious. They just stick to the formula of which they know it sold very well.

They add a detail I didn't know: If the character is being caught by the Inquisitors and the Knights connected to them, then there'll be no escape, the author writes, and the story will - according to PB - be seen from a totally different point of view.

The combat is made so that wild boars are a match only for early characters, because the combat has been changed much against Gothic 3, the author writes.

And the inventory has been "cleaned up", too (I agree. The items are now represented by small and really colourfull, yet effective icons).

Here's a summary of the Eurogamer article:

It's Gothic 2 with a new name.

could we wish for more? :p

Here's a summary of the Eurogamer article:

It's Gothic 2 with a new name.

*sigh* I could've written that myself ... *sigh*

It's more colourful, though.

Sounds magnificient. When is it coming out?

Did they mention the "more accessible" business and exactly what that entails?

I assume this term means the UI.

Will it be released simultaneously in both German and English, or will we have to wait a few months as we usually did with Gothic?

Unclear. Deep Silver has direct market access in the UK and the US. They could ship simultaneously. Theoretically.

Back
Top Bottom