Underworld Ascendant - May Kickstarter Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
The latest Underworld Ascendant Kickstarter update this week has more information form producer Chris Siegel about prototyping, and experimentation using Unity 5.

Testing Unity 5.0

Over the last month or so we have been working hard on analyzing our engine options for use in Underworld Ascendant. One engine we have been checking out is Unity 5.0. Here’s Chris to let us know what engineers Jeff and will, and lead designer Tim, have discovered.

Preproduction in Unity 5.0

After the Kickstarter we spent a couple of weeks putting Unity 5.0 through its paces. Partly to see what was new, what was updated and what looked better. Most importantly though, to discover if Unity will do what we need it to. Underworld Ascendant will be a very systems heavy game. Our design philosophy is about building a game with real world systems under the hood to bring common sense expectations to the player. The goal is to give players new and interesting ways to interact with our world, and the engine we use to make this game needs to support all of this.
More information.

Will we be able to use skills to disable those traps, I wonder, or is it just going to be a twitch mini-game clumsily played with a mouse and keyboard?

I also wonder where the underground dwellers get the wood? Perhaps it's pulpy wood from giant toadstools?

I believe disabling traps will be a skill it's possible for the Avatar to acquire, but not all details have yet been revealed. Have patience Grasshopper!! :)

Will we be able to use skills to disable those traps, I wonder, or is it just going to be a twitch mini-game clumsily played with a mouse and keyboard?

I also wonder where the underground dwellers get the wood? Perhaps it's pulpy wood from giant toadstools?

Hopefully these old-school devs will not cave in to such modern trends.

Back
Top Bottom