Braven Arts - Tactical (J)RPG

They're inspired by games I've never heard of, couldn't care less for time cycles…
And the game won't have any pervy stuff.

Sorry. Not backing.

how can the dude on the right see??? his eyelids are separated by like 2 millimeters!

I loved the castle evolution from the Suikoden series but I highly doubt this game will have anything even remotely close to 108 recruitable characters. I'll keep my eye on this, thanks.

I loved the castle evolution from the Suikoden series but I highly doubt this game will have anything even remotely close to 108 recruitable characters. I'll keep my eye on this, thanks.
Try this free RPG Maker game greywolf00 if you like the Suikoden games. It does include a base, and recruitable characters. Best of all like I said it's free.

Link- http://site.scfworks.com/?page_id=10
What is Exit Fate?

Exit Fate is a free RPG created by Something Awful forums member SCF. His last RPG, Last Scenario, may be familiar to some of you.

RPG? What kind of RPG?

Exit Fate plays a lot like the Suikoden series of games.

• Recruit 75 characters to use in combat, open shops in your headquarters or play minigames.
  • Gain control of a castle to serve as your headquarters
  • Fight in both standard turn-based battles and massive strategic war campaigns
So it's just a Suikoden clone?

Not quite. Upgrading weapons is still done at a blacksmith, but you can level up multiple statistics rather than a static level. Magic isn't handled by runes; instead, characters regenerate a fixed amount of MP every turn. They draw from a communal spell pool to cast magic.
During war campaigns, you can select between a number of units (Cavalry, Infantry, Mages and Scouts) and assign your characters to improve their capabilities.
Most importantly, unlike most Suikoden games you will never permanently miss out on recruiting a character.

What else?

The storyline is highly political. Colonel Daniel Vinyard is tired of constant warfare; he considers himself a pacifist, but understands force may be necessary to achieve a lasting peace.
Expect plot twists, betrayals and fairly well-written dialogue.

What does it look like?

PSX-style sprites. The character portraits are in a unique and awesome art style.

Wait a minute, that music sounds awfully familiar…

Yeah. The music in Exit Fate is cribbed from a number of other RPGs, so expect to hear some familiar tunes. You get used to it.

Is it any good?

It's awesome. So far, I'd rank it up there with Suikoden II (my favourite in the series). The writing is excellent, the character portraits are great and the game has a nice level of difficulty.
Here is a video review.

Link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejg5U-P3oVM

Yes this is off topic but who cares as I love this game.:p

Last edited:
Couch, you're the man for posting that Exit Fate link. That game looks killer! My only problem is, when can I possibly play it? So many games, not enough time.

But I will definitely find time at some point for that one. Looks awesome and thanks a lot for the link!!!

Edit - More on topic, lol, this Braven Arts game looks and sounds great! I really hope they make their goal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom