RPG Soundtracks

D

Deleted User

Hello. Just wondering if anyone here had any suggestions for good RPG soundtracks. I'd like to get them preferably on CD, mp3 is cool too. I would love to have them on vinyl but I imagine game soundtracks weren't released on wax, or maybe I'm wrong?

Some soundtracks over the years that I love were games like Chrono Trigger (my favorite soundtrack ever), Final Fantasy 6/7, Suikoden 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, and some others I can't think of right now.

So, any suggestions for good soundtracks?

I personally enjoy pretty much all of the infinity engine game soundtracks. I repurchased them on GOG specifically for that reason :)

Also seem to remember enjoying Divinity II's soundtrack.

Also seem to remember enjoying Divinity II's soundtrack.
I agree that is a good one. By the way, there are links to download MP3s of the Divinity II and Divine Divinity soundtracks right on the composer's website (Kirill Pokrovsky). Well worth checking out!

Also, you can't go wrong with Jeremy Soule's work (Elder Scrolls series, Guild Wars series, etc.). You can buy the Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 4-CD soundtrack sets here.

Hmm there's plenty more worth mentioning - Diablo 1 & 2 (Matt Uelmen) comes to mind as a personal favorite.

I'll think of some more…

My suggestion is Grandia 2, dunno where you can buy the original soundtrack, but 4 best scores were recently covered by Stemage and you can buy (and hear) digital album here:
http://stemage.bandcamp.com/album/frets-of-valmar-grandia-ii

It's practically free, but by buying it for a price you choose, you're actually donating to red cross (japan).

Another suggestion are Gothic 3 and Anachronox soundtracks. Again, dunno where exactly you can buy those today. You'll also notice that one of memorable ingame scores is not on the soundtrack for both these games, but that's not very important.

Another suggestion are Gothic 3 and Anachronox soundtracks. Again, dunno where exactly you can buy those today. You'll also notice that one of memorable ingame scores is not on the soundtrack for both these games, but that's not very important.

The collector's edition of Gothic 3 (the one that contains Forsaken Gods, i.e. not a limited launch release) comes with the soundtrack on CD.

Realms Of Arcania sound track - definitively.
I still adore its guitar pieces.
Don't know how to get it, though. You could try buying the German "Heldenedition" of the "Nordlandtrilogie", it should contain the music, too.

Thanks for the great suggestions guys. Listening to the Divinity 2 soundtrack right now and it's quite nice. Thanks for the link Myrkrel, you are the man!

I forgot about Diablo 1 & 2, both those soundtracks are must haves I think. If you can even get them? I also forgot to mention that I was a big fan of the Chrono Cross soundtrack too. One of my favorites.

I didn't realize Skyrim or Morrowind had a soundtrack. As much as I loved the music in both those games, it seemed like one long theme would play, so I don't see how they could have made a soundtrack out of it. But I will check out Jeremy Soule's work as well since I love those games. Those cover tracks of the Grandia 2 OST were brilliant too. I will have to track down a copy of that soundtrack for sure.

Back to Divinity 2.

It contains both Gothic 3 & Forsaken Gods, and last time I checked, it was going for ~10€. You can just throw Forsaken Gods out the window, or give it to a friend, as a form of practical joke, and stick with Gothic 3.

Deal! :D

Back
Top Bottom