Skyrim Skyrim is perfect??

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Pretty much everything you want will be given through mods sooner or later. Just try to enjoy the first round and then mod the hell out of it in the second playthrough.

I wish a mod where Lydia doesn't block narrow passages or doorways. That'd make me utterly happy.

Other than that... Hmmm... A better UI... Skill leveling disabled by (mis)treating a same item(s)/mob/NPC... Horses improved unlike the current useless version... Sidekicks AI that doesn't trigger floor traps you've avoided and doesn't deliberately position them between the enemy and you asking to be shot by an arrow/spell as you're probably not playing always a cleric type with restoration spells... Etc etc, add a stockpile of annoyances... Nah, all of that is material for Bethesda's patch.

I wish a mod where Lydia doesn't block narrow passages or doorways. That'd make me utterly happy.
Yeah, she does it quite often. OTOH, if you say "sit down here" and forget about her: She will stay there until she dies :) I forgot her in a bard school, I think it was in Solitude,,, and had to travel back in order to get her...

Horses are useless aren't they? I stole one, rode around for awhile and then got off because I needed to get some alchemy ingredients on the ground.

I know it would break immersion for some people, but being able to pick ingredients while on horseback would make those dang horses much more useful or at the very least let me throw some fireballs from horseback. Right now they are just useless.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about Lydia getting in the way and she does, but it's easy enough to get around her. Now frost atronachs are a whole other matter. Those big behemoths block whole passageways. I was brutalized by some vamps because the dang golem was in the way. With Lydia I can get around her even in corridors, just hug the walls, but there is no getting around ol' frostie.

Lydia's smartass remark every time I want to give her some stuff is what annoys me. I'm just about ready to get rid of her in favor of a Khajiit companion. He's a little annoying, but not as bad as her.

The horseback angle could definitely use some work. Two Worlds horse riding is way superior, in fact if it wasnt for Mount and Blade I'd say that the horseback implementation in TW is the best I've ever played. Combat from horseback, the steering is realistic, you can speak while mounted, etc.

I'm surprised that I still havent made a Khajit character, I've always wanted one but the Dunmer always wins out!

Ppl wait… Does this mean we all… Stick with Lydia? OMG
:D

I must say also that I got married with another NPC can't remember the name so much for the importance of it… But I'm still taking Lydia with me in fights. Kinda got used on her, y'know what I mean. Besides, she equips armor and weapons I give her if it's better than the current one…
Oh and… To be honest here, there are too many possible companions in the game, I believe in every town Inn there is one available to recruit for 500 coins but I don't think any is better than Lydia. Except maybe for the looks. Also, in the town where the imperial queen is, where you buy the house for 25.000 (man, took me a while to get that cash) as thane you get some sexy blonde but I still didn't want to replace my very own Lydia with her…
Is Lydia really the best sidekick out there in the game or she has the "thing", charisma of a sort? Should it be patched in a way too? I vote no. :)

Ovenall there is a talk option to give her stuff while she's following you and it works just like selling stuff to merchants.

You can get the high priestess of Azura as a follower, too. I was talking to her and had just told her "no" when a dragon attacked us. Whoa! She took down that big baddie pretty much all by herself with lightning bolts, summoning atronachs, and whatnot.

Maybe I should reconsider my answer!

Tried a horse for 30 secs and never since, seemed similarly useless as cooking.
Though the game is still better with these features in, immersion and all, and cooking is pretty much akin to in-game mod support.

And yeah, I also stuck with Lydia and never used anyone else, though I´m considering a spellcaster now.

Um, I told Lydia to go stand in a corner in my house, and that's where she'll remain for the rest of the game. I want to play alone ^^. Now I'm looking for a decent guy to marry ... or not so decent.

There is a guy in one of the inns (I think it's a random encounter) where if you have a drinking contest with him you'll black out and wake up at the temple of beauty. The priestess will tell you that you proclaimed your undying love to ……someone and promised to marry them. There is a whole quest involved with this. A broken staff and a fiance to find. I haven't pursued it yet, but it was one of the more interesting random encounters I've come across. Here I thought I'd just drink the guy under the table and now I'm on a quest to find this woman I'm supposed to marry and fix some staff :)

I'm sure you'll get the same quest, but searching for a guy instead of a girl.

Does anyone play an argonian? I'm thinking about giving them a shot next time. I've avoided them before because I like dark elves too much, but next time around it might be fun to try out something totally different. I've never played a reptile before….I don't think anyways. Played an insect in Dark Sun, but no reptiles…..oh wait, the Avernum series had reptile-humans. Ok, so it'll be the second time I've played a reptile.

Last edited:
There is a guy in one of the inns (I think it's a random encounter) where if you have a drinking contest with him you'll black out and wake up at the temple of beauty. The priestess will tell you that you proclaimed your undying love to ……someone and promised to marry them. There is a whole quest involved with this. A broken staff and a fiance to find. I haven't pursued it yet, but it was one of the more interesting random encounters I've come across. Here I thought I'd just drink the guy under the table and now I'm on a quest to find this woman I'm supposed to marry and fix some staff :)

I'm sure you'll get the same quest, but searching for a guy instead of a girl.

Careful with that quest. You can end up with Alto Wine as a quest item and then every one you pick up becomes undroppable until you finish the quest. Not really broken but not handled well either.

It is a fun quest, though.

we need to man up and try the beast races, skaven bro. It's been the same w/ me, I keep losing out to the Dunmer but I think a Khajit would be a pretty different (and fun) experience!

Ovenall there is a talk option to give her stuff while she's following you and it works just like selling stuff to merchants.

Maybe my game is glitched. When I try to talk to Lydia when she's following me, all she'll say is "Do you want me to do something?" then I can move the reticule to get her to move to positions, etc.

I don't get a menu of options like a trade screen. Am I doing something wrong?

How do you give stuff to Lydia? I can only ask her to follow, wait, sit or attack. It says you can give stuff to followers in the manual but doesn't say how.
Also don't know how...

I re-equipped Sven through a dialog option. He had an option to let me give him items. I did and he equipped them and we kept on wandering around until he vanished mysteriously and I never saw him again.

Maybe my game is glitched. When I try to talk to Lydia when she's following me, all she'll say is "Do you want me to do something?" then I can move the reticule to get her to move to positions, etc.

I don't get a menu of options like a trade screen. Am I doing something wrong?

Try standing closer to her. I too noticed if she is a way off all you get is the "do something" thing.

Also don't know how…

You just give them the stuff. If they decide it is better than what they are currently using they will equip it.

Be careful, though, as you can overload them. I had Lydia in a full set of Steel Plate and she could hardly carry anything else.

Also watch their weapons. Sometimes they will choose something stupid like a dagger instead of a war axe.

we need to man up and try the beast races, skaven bro. It's been the same w/ me, I keep losing out to the Dunmer but I think a Khajit would be a pretty different (and fun) experience!

Sammy my man, you HAVE to choose a Khajiit lest you lose face with the other tigers. They'll think you've gone soft.

Argonian or Khajiit will definitely be the next race. Dunmer are fun, but it's about time the beasties got some attention as well. Probably will go with the kitties as well. Reptiles just don't really appeal that much to me and my cat's feelings might get hurt.

@Bill Alto wine isn't the problem. It's that freaking giant toe that can't be dropped. I can avoid the wine, but those toes I have to get. They weigh a pound each. Right now I have 3. I'm thinking after I finish this stolen book quest that I better hunt down my bride to be.

Now watch, she'll be an argonian. I was drunk afterall. :p

There's objectivity, and there's feeling. Skyrim has gotten me emotionally hooked as much as any other game I've played. But I step back, and I see lots of flaws that can be supported by facts.

I agree - but if a game, or film, or book can move and engage me, ultimately entertain me, then the flaws don't matter much. Or rather, don't stick out as much. I think Skyrim does more wrong than right so far in the 15 hours I've played.

Everything from the main quest, graphics, U.I., combat, dungeon design, etc., is a HUGE improvement from Oblivion. In fact, I would like to imagine a world in which Bethesda followed up Morrowind with Skyrim :)

Back
Top Bottom