Pricewatch!

Just today, Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition is $8 on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/game/two_worlds_2_epic_edition

It includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

An awsome price… Unless you hate endless mobrespawns as much as I do. I don't trust all those GOG fan reviewers as all have a problem with this and that, yet noone says anywhere it's another grinder, no matter the low or high score they put.

EDIT:
More news on GOG, when you buy all games in series you get a discount. Doesn't matter if you already have a game from series or not, the discount will work if and when you just want to complete a collection. An example is this:
bb67063f7462d96e95ca889817437c997d21b2b6.png

Too bad it's not working for every game series. For example when you buy two Jack Keane adventures you'll still pay the full price. Although… The first Jack Keane game is on -50% discount currently. It's not a stellar game, but is fun and on that price I can recommend it to all adventure lovers:
http://www.gog.com/game/jack_keane

Last edited:
What's the word on Inquisitor - worth a few hours investment? (I've reached the point where my time is more valuable than the current price of gaming!)

Inquisitor:
  • you have to read much
  • you have to fight much
  • you have to revisit dungeons, if you are running out of potions
so this game is only for the patient gamer - the story will reward you, but you have to invest much time.

Thanks for the insight!

I don't mind reading stuff that's well written, but I hit skip at walls of bland text (e.g., I've played through Torment 5-6 times, patiently seeking out every line of lore, but after the first paragraph of a book in Skyrim, I knew I was done).

I don't mind lots of combat if it's either challenging (e.g., Dark Souls), satisfying (e.g., Fallout) or nicely streamlined (e.g., Might & Magic). But if it seems to just get in the way, I'm not interested.

I'm also not entirely adverse to a bit of grinding, so long as there's some reward, be it interesting loot or possibilities for xp and character development. But needless repetition is dull.

So none of the things are deal breakers for me per se, but it does depend a lot on implementation. I think Inquisitor is a game I'll keep an eye on in case I ever catch up with my gaming backlog and find myself at a loose end on a rainy Saturday afternoon! (So sometime around 2076!)

Thanks for the insight!
but after the first paragraph of a book in Skyrim, I knew I was done

The writing in the books is very uneven - moreso than the dialogue and quests actually - but at the good end it represents the best writing across the entire series. To find the gems that are actually worth a read though you basically have to ignore broad histories and focus on ones that end up being short stories - and mostly those about Daedra Lords.

but after the first paragraph of a book in Skyrim, I knew I was done

Just be glad that they leave out most of the weird Kirkbride stuff. It turns an interesting, fairly well thought-out world into something out of a bad JRPG. For example, the world is supported by lots of towers, which the Thalmor are destroying so they can destroy the world and, uh, become energy beings or something, and Talos and humans are stopping this, so they've got to be removed.

Just today, Two Worlds 2: Epic Edition is $8 on GOG:
http://www.gog.com/game/two_worlds_2_epic_edition

It includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

An awsome price… Unless you hate endless mobrespawns as much as I do. I don't trust all those GOG fan reviewers as all have a problem with this and that, yet noone says anywhere it's another grinder, no matter the low or high score they put.

Don't know about the expansion (as I haven't played it) but I didn't find the main game to be much of a mob feast and enemies didn't respawn either.

Me, I prefer games in which enemies don't respawn, nowadays.
I've begun to really hate ANY respawn.

So it's untrue rhinos, ants, termites, monkeys and whatnot respawns in two worlds 2? Then the whole internet is not telling the truth.

So it's untrue rhinos, ants, termites, monkeys and whatnot respawns in two worlds 2? Then the whole internet is not telling the truth.

They do, but you can pretty much ignore them. A totally lifeless savanna because of one person having killed all the animals in the world would be kind of silly anyway.

Silly, but realistic.

Silly, but realistic.

Well, not really. Unless it's a completely closed environment, other creatures would move into that space. A sandbox game with no respawning enemies might as well be a linear slogfest, and to me it just highlights the fact that it's a game, not a world to explore. There's a difference between "pass through a door and everything you just killed is alive again", MMO-esque "countdown to Billy the Unique Dragon respawn: 24", and "3 days in game, creature spawn trigger resets".

Of course, this isn't the place to discuss that. ;)

So to those who have played this version, has it actually reached a state where it is worth your time, or is it still a stinker?

Worth your time? Only if you're curious to see how bad a thrice-released game can still be.

Dungeon Lords is the only digitally purchased game where I asked for, and received, a refund.

Dungeon Lords MMXII is 75% off on GG.

So to those who have played this version, has it actually reached a state where it is worth your time, or is it still a stinker?

Worth your time? Only if you're curious to see how bad a thrice-released game can still be.

Dungeon Lords is the only digitally purchased game where I asked for, and received, a refund.

Everything I've seen has been pretty overwhelmingly negative.

I have now paid FOUR times for this game ... and mysteriously it has yet to have gotten much of any better ;) Still something I would rate as a 6/10 game - and not recommend to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom