King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Interview @ CRPG.ru

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CRPG.ru writes they have an interview with Dimitryi Gusarov on King's Bounty: Armored Princess. Being in Russian means it's inaccessible to most of us, so they sent along this snip and a link to some exclusive screens:
Here's a translated extract:

CRPG.RU: We know that the prototype of Amelie was the heroine of the film of the same name, by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, and the dragon Drako resembles Stitch from the cartoon of " Lilo & Stitch". Tell us: what else served as your source of inspiration?

Dmitryi: Everything which surrounds people, serves them as a source of inspiration. Amelie - this romantic and clean type, will be similar in the game, and vain and merry dragon, pocket monster, approaches very closely the role of the toy of the princess, as well as her defender. The prototypes of these characters are obvious, but there is a set of smaller things, like type of gremlin in the combat robot from the fantasy film of "Labyrinth", or the atmosphere in new Verona from the anime of "Romeos and Juliet". We, as always, will try to entertain players with a wide horizon and the developed associative thinking.
More information.

Funny. Not just is that the bit I translated when I posted this on GB, it appears to be my translation, warts 'n all.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, cRPG.ru should feel free to send about anything I happen to translate of theirs. Just saying, 's funny 's all.

Eh. :shrug:

@BN, the email I received says "Here's a translated extract". Sorry, I didn't know you were the source.

So I figured.
Like I said, it's their interview, translating is a pain to do well but that was just a hasty translation, so I have no problem with them using it.

I do remember chuckling when translating that. What an eclectic selection of inspirational sources that is. Funny stuff.
Looking forward to it, tho'

What I love about these Russian developers is that they're fearless. They mix up the humour and the sources and the genres, and make something really engaging and worthwhile, instead of saying "Let's make Baldur's Gate/ GTA/ HoMM but ever-so-slightly different."

I'm really looking forward to this game. It's definitely in my top 5 for 2009 so far.

Definitely agree ... makes me want to skip the stuff I *need* to do and get back to replaying KB!

Back
Top Bottom