Divinity 2 Diviniti II in stores inUS

Divinity2 is extremely buggy, even in the newest 1.03 US version. It corrupted all my savegames-- we're not talking a minor bug here. Don't buy it until Larian releases the next patch and people say it's fixed.

Divinity2 is extremely buggy, even in the newest 1.03 US version. It corrupted all my savegames— we're not talking a minor bug here. Don't buy it until Larian releases the next patch and people say it's fixed.

I believe this only happens when savegames are overwritten - starting a new save slot should be fine.

Divinity2 is extremely buggy, even in the newest 1.03 US version. It corrupted all my savegames— we're not talking a minor bug here. Don't buy it until Larian releases the next patch and people say it's fixed.

Extremely? Huh? I have played over a dozen hours with no issues, used old save games with no issues. Indeed no issues at all.

Other than losing all my saves in a system upgrade I had almost no technical issues with the game other than a one time lock up with the initial zeplin cut scene that many others have had. A reload fixed that.

My PC copy of Divinity came in the mail today!!! /lick

I've been playing for over 20 hours now. The only glitch I've had is the game not closing properly when I exit.

I still think it's a great game by the way.

The term "extremely buggy" is imho used nowadays like some form of mass mockery against developers.

[cynism]Plus probably superhigh standards of power-gamers.[/cynism]

The term "extremely buggy" is imho used nowadays like some form of mass mockery against developers.

[cynism]Plus probably superhigh standards of power-gamers.[/cynism]

Agreed ... I mean, many of us have played games that *are* extremely buggy, and D2 isn't one of them.

Anyone have trouble installing the North American patch version 1.03? Whenever I run the .exe for that patch, Norton Internet Security (v2010) interrupts the process saying it is a virus of some kind and deletes the file. I downloaded my patch from file planet.

Can you turn off Norton completely while you install the patch?

Well I could do that but im a little afraid to. Anyone else download the patch from file planet and get a virus warning about it?

So you don't get the warning until you run the .exe though? Try manually scanning the file first. If it checks out ok then you should should be alright to install it.

I've never had a problem with anything from File Planet.

Well I could do that but im a little afraid to. Anyone else download the patch from file planet and get a virus warning about it?

I went through Worthplaying which dumped me back to Fileplanet for mine, and I have Norton running on my system and had no issues.

Norton has a relatively bad reputation here.
Try to use other scanners instead.

I've had a love-hate relationship with NIS over the years and I know what you mean. But I've actually been pretty happy with NIS 2010. I deactivated NIS and installed the patch and everything seems to be ok. I was just worried that there could in fact have been something malicious about that patch (unintended of course by larian)... stranger things have happened...

No Bugs experienced on this end except twice my character teleported from one area to another nearby area during a fight....That was about it. No issues with save games at all.

… stranger things have happened…

Yes, indeed.

Two or three months ago I learned for example of a viruws that spreads ONLY on PCs with Borland's DElphi installed … It infects the Delphi installation and nothing more … And THEN it is compiled into the Delphi-based program … It was so new a German magazine even shipped a program DVD that did contain the virus without them knowing about it.

The Virus basically consists of a few exchanged (infected) libraries.

Back
Top Bottom