Zloth

I smell a... wumpus!?
(This might belong here or on the tech thread depending on the answer.)

I noticed URLs going from the forums seem to be going through VigLink API when I click on them. This only happens from the forums themselves, not the front page stories. VigLink seems to be a company that tracks links for monetization purposes (here's their home page) but that sure doesn't sound like RPG Watch to me.

I tried making a tiny web page from my PC and following a link there and had no problem. I don't see it jump through VigLink from PC Gamer or even from front page articles here so I don't think it's anything on my PC. So I'm confused about what's going on.

It's been there since April and I just now noticed!? Wow, I guess it doesn't hurt much!

It's been there since April and I just now noticed!? Wow, I guess it doesn't hurt much!

Maybe you've got something really nasty, currently in a dormant state, perhaps slowly infecting file after file until … disaster.

pibbur who tries to convince the watch he only wants to provide friendly, rational, and not in the least scaring, advice

PS. You know, we have biological viruses behaving like that, like the measles virus, which may give rise to a progressive, often fatal encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) up to 10 years after the acute infection. DS.

Back
Top Bottom