Gothic 3 Reputation question..

lanux128

Sentinel
is it true that if your reputation hits 50+ for a certain faction, then the opposite party will be hostile against you? my orc rep is only 14 but the rebels rep is creeping up to 47, so i'm thinking of just stop helping the rebels..

Reputation doesnt affect "hostility" at all. The "easiest" way to make a faction hostile is to liberate their cities and talk to their leaders after doing so (faction wide hostility is triggered by talking to city leaders). There are some other ways to make city leaders hostile on sight, but they are a bit obscure (and so late into the game that you likely will want to wipe out those offended by your presence anyway). So I'd suggest you try to earn those last 3 rep points needed for the paladin armour:)

Orcs, hashishin, and rebels can go hostile. Not sure about the Nordmarians. Nomads and rangers/druids will never be hostile.

thanks for the info Zaleukos.. i was getting a bit worried as i had been playing as the ultimate fence-sitter to see how things pan out.. btw, can you elaborate a bit about the paladin armour.. :)

Fence sitting works just fine and is what I did on my first playthrough, but you wont be able to enter the innermost part of Faring castle (for the orcs) nor Ishtar without doing some nasty stuffs for these factions. Doing what's needed to enter Ishtar will however not close any ending options for you:)

As for the paladin armour it's among the best armours in the game (though lacking in magical/elemental protection), and sold by vendors in the rebel camps, Vengard, and the monastery. It costs 150000.

Rebels, Orcs, Nordmarians, and Hashishin all have some top armour that requires a reputation of 50 for you to buy. They also have lighter versions that require a rep of 25 (as do the Rangers and Nomads). IIRC the Paladin and Nordmar armours offer the best weapon protection, while the others are somewhat better against magic and elemental damage. All those armours are sufficient for the end game, especially if you play with the community patch (that unlocks the heavy armour skill)

There is also a special orc armour that you can get from the orc boss in Faring, but that requires you to do a lot of killing for the orcs...

yes, i have already encountered that problem in Ishtar but the info about entering Faring is new to me.. hmm, the paladin armour sounds nice, maybe i'll start saving some gold.. :)

Entering Farings castle only requires 75 rep with Faring, but entering the inner castle where the orc King is requires 75 orc reputation.

The Paladin armor is the best armor for the rebels and costs 150.000 gold (and requires 50 reputation). The best armor for the orcs is the Orc Armor, and is given to you for free if you have 75 reputation, and kill all rebel camps, including the capitol. The two armors are just as good.

The orc armour is actually somewhat better with some extra resistance, but there's not much left to do in the game once you've earned it:)

yes, that's a bummer.. by the time, you had built-up your armour, weapon and magic, the game is over.. :)

Actually, I often get it long before going to Nordmar, and it's quite useful up there. I usually get it about 2/3 into the game, and since it's the best armor of all, it shouldn't be available sooner in my opinion.

Maylander, are you refering to the Paladin's or the Orc's armour?

Actually, I often get it long before going to Nordmar, and it's quite useful up there. I usually get it about 2/3 into the game, and since it's the best armor of all, it shouldn't be available sooner in my opinion.

Do you take out all rebel leaders, including the king, before going to Nordmar? :)

Back
Top Bottom