Dragon Age: Inquisition - Modding Tools

Aubrielle

Noveliste
We found out a few weeks ago that DA:I had been cracked for modding. What we didn't know is what kind of tools would be available. It looks like kits are starting to surface.

As stated on the Nexus Mods page, DAI Tools' goal is to make a Skyrim-alike creation kit, so anyone can modify the assets in Inquisition.

DAI Tools has been available since December 19, with the most recent update being a special Christmas present. That, or just one that happened to be on Christmas Day, who knows?

At the time of writing all you can mod is some Skyhold outfit colours, but the fact you can do this shows a promising start for a game a lot of assumed would just remain unmodded.

No word as of yet if EA is sharpening its ban-hammer, or even if it's something that needs to be sharpened. But I for one would hope everything's just left alone - let the tinkerers tinker!
More information.

More information.

Has anybody checked the license agreement for the game to see if reverse engineering of the data is prohibited? If it is not banned, then perhaps it'll be okay.

Is there a way modder can remove the horrible flashing colors when in combat?

Has anybody checked the license agreement for the game to see if reverse engineering of the data is prohibited? If it is not banned, then perhaps it'll be okay.
Perhaps it will be OK anyway. Why would EA put a stop to this? It can only enhance sales.

Perhaps it will be OK anyway. Why would EA put a stop to this? It can only enhance sales.

They certainly don't have a history of stifling modding activities that are in support of their games. Bioware in particular has a long history of permitting and even encouraging modders. So yes, I don't expect they will stop it. But with company lawyers... well you just never know.

Back
Top Bottom