Sengoku & The Haunted: Hells Reach

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
I'm wondering if anyone has played Sengoku. It's a strategy game set in Japan. It looks complicated and it looks like it will take a long time to master. So in other words it looks GREAT!!! :)

I know there is a demo, but for a game like this it normally takes an investment of time to get to know it. That right now I don't have. If anyone has tried it then let me know what you think of it.

The other game that just popped on my radar is The Haunted: Hells Reach. It looks a heck of a lot like Painkiller. They threw in multiplayer (who cares), but the game itself looks and sounds just like Painkiller. That's ok in my book because Painkiller was a great FPS.

I haven't played this one either and was wondering if anyone has.

Just stated playing the game. Its the same concept as the rest of paradox's strategy games. It takes time to get used to the interface and realizing how to play the game.

Be warned the graphics aren't flashy and its not like King Arthur or Shogun 2. It plays more like a board game. Just use your mind like a politician and general and you should have no problem.

I tried the demo but was basically like 'a durr, what?'

I fully admit I am not a hard core, old school strategy gamer, but I am something of a Japanese history buff. A tutorial would have been nice.

I'm not sure if the full game has a tutorial or not but I would imagine if one existed it would have been in the demo.

I don't know, maybe some time down the road if it goes on a cheap sale and I get some time to sit down with it (I hope it comes with a PDF manual or something at least!) then I would try to figure it out and learn it. As it is now I just felt like I was pressing random buttons to see what would happen. :p

When I saw "Sengoku", I instantly thought of the fighting game for the Neo Geo console.

PA.02087.001.jpg

I don't know anything about Hell's Reach other than it apparently started out as a mod. It looks like it might be a bit of good cheesy fun though…

Thanks for the replies. I'll pass on The Haunted for awhile, but it looks like I'll have to try out this demo. Don't really have the time for it now, so maybe in a week or two I'll sit down and figure the game out.

Motoki is right though. Any strategy game worth their salt would include a tutorial. Especially for the more complicated ones. I can understand an indie game not including a tutorial, but these guys should have included one. As far as I know they're not exactly one guy hammering this thing out in his free time.

Armageddon Empires and Solium Infernum didn't have a tutorial, but that I can understand. I'm still glad I sat down and figured out Armageddon Empires and Solium Infernum. Those two really take an investment of time to get to know, but once you do you'll have hours of strategy goodness on your hands. I'm hoping Sengoku will have the same outcome.

Back
Top Bottom