Risen - Pack Shots

hehe, you're right, it sure does.

Apart from the flying, the hero pretty much is superman anyway =0P

Big dude, big sword, forboding background, Gothic-like writing ... how can you go wrong? :)

Well, aaactually... i would have liked the golden/yellowish inquisitor art that had been placeholder up to here much better.
They should´ve sticked with that one.
It fits the image that has been propagated for the new game world (the mediterranian, bright vulcano island) way better so far.

Alas, that image has also drawn some criticism from die-hard Gothic fans who prefer amd had expected to see the reduced colour palette of the predecessors given them the rough and edgy look&feel.

But if this box shot going dark and blue is thought as a device to counter that criticism, it´s an ill-fated move in my eyes.
Clumsy and artificial. :roll:

Also, we had dark and blue already for the G2NOTR cover. :(

Ragon, the Cover Mage
:biggrin:

It appears PB have been listening to the fans and trying to implement their wishes best as possible, many liked the G2 style.
So look on "Also, we had dark and blue already for the G2NOTR cover." as a wish come true for many as it appears to reinstate a back to normal feel.
I like it, is portrays a certain mysery/fantasy atmosphere and certainly nothing to do with superman!

I like the look. Then again, since this is a PB game, I would've bought it even if there was a pink, fluffy bunny on the box, so my opinion is hardly relevant in this matter.

Looks more like wannabe superman has the blues.

Same thought here.

I find this packshot ... uninteresting.

"So this is the mighty hero you might become within this game !"

I thought it a bit meh too. "Alpha Protocol... with a sword!"

(I thought the Alpha Protocol box was rather meh as well.)

On the other hand, the orangey brooding necromancer type somehow always screams "Dark Corners of the Earth!" to me. Which isn't actually *bad* as such; just not quite right for the game either.

I like the look. Then again, since this is a PB game, I would've bought it even if there was a pink, fluffy bunny on the box, so my opinion is hardly relevant in this matter.

So long as it had a sword or was about to cast a fireball ;)

Yeah. Since it's a game from Germany, somehow I was expecting the hero to wear black leather pants and have a moustache.

You have quite some prejuduces, have you ? ;)

Or otherwise you've missed the irony tag. ;)

Yeah, I'm jesting here of course. No offense meant by any means. But I really did expect that. ;)

Edit:
Remember the old hero from Gothic? He could have belonged to this band and no one would have noticed the difference. :D
And no one would want to end up in prison colony with them.

Last edited:
I like the cover - with the exception of the GfW thing at the top.

that's what i love about digital distribution, no more cover arts. who care for them, anyway?

I don't like the cover much, it's a bit too hero-centric. I mean, it's not bad, I just don't feel a Gothic/Risen vibe while looking at it. But I guess it doesn't matter, really - pink bunnies would have been fine. ;)

By the way, I clicked to see the cover and noticed that they are offering Risen merchandise.

Last edited:
Unimpressed. I think they should have gone with the bright, medieval feel of the trailer. It is what makese the game stick out sylistically, so why not put it on the cover to make it stick out as well?

Back
Top Bottom